hcg 589 at 5 weeks 6 days. Think I'm out help!

Snowbelle

Reaction score
Hi
I started bleeding at 5+6. I have had 5 previous miscarriages so went to EPU. They did a scan but couldn't see anything at all - just some tissue in the womb. They did blood tests which came back 589. They said they wouldn't see anything on a scan unless it was over 1000.
But surely at 6 weeks it should be well over this? The bleeding has stopped (there wasn't much anyway) and I'm going back today for a second blood test to see if hcg has increased.

I'm totally prepared for yet another miscarriage (I'm 43 so I'm not hopeful ) but I think my husband is getting his hopes up.

Has anyone had anything similar and all turned out OK? I can't see it myself.
Thanks

No experience just wishing you the best of luck xx

I had a scan last Friday when I should have been 6+2, they could only see a sac which measured 5mm so they've dated it as 5 weeks, the dr told me as long as hcg levels were over 1500 she was happy that it was making good progress (for my dates/ what she could see) mine were over this but I don't have another scan till next Wednesday, the wait is not fun.

If you Google hcg levels they vary wildly for each week in pregnancy, it also depends on when you actually ovulated. I hope today goes well.

How sure are you if your dates? A few days can make such a difference at this age.
However, if you are positive, I would probably prepare myself for the worse, sorry hun. They should at least see a gestationsl sac at this stage x

No experience but want to wish you the best of luck. xxx

If you are sure on dates then it is a little low for where you are HCG levels DO vary but I'd be expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

If you aren't sure on dates it could be your actually a lot earlier than you thought.

I remember at 16dpo my HCG was 420 and they told me that was low.

My 2nd loss was like this. Hcg around 600 at 6 weeks not doubling. Scan showed a baby with heartbeat and was told it could go either way. I miscarried 5 days later. Really hope you'll have a positive outcom!! :)

Even if you don't see anything today, please to read too much into it!

I recently went through something similar, I made lots of posts about it, my hormones were at 2600 and saw nothing! Levels were doubling but nothing on scans again at 4800, finally saw fetal pole & sac in the right place when hormones were at 10,000, I orginally thought my HCG numbers were low, turned out my dates were wrong, I found out I was pregnant at bang on 3w! and was going for scan stupidly early at 4w so couldn't see anything,

(My dates have changed after going for private scan at 8w) if ur really worried book a private scan, but I'd Deffo have hope on ur 'low' numbers, you could actually be out on dates!)

I also used OPKs and timed BD so maybe I was just a late implanter x

Thanks everyone for all of your comments.

Second blood test last week showed levels had dropped and in the 400's.

I've been bleeding (lightly) since. Scan today showed my uterus is empty and depending on blood results today I may need methotrexate injection to treat ectopic pregnancy. Though I personally don't think that is the case, I think pregnancy just didn't develop like it should.

So that's miscarriage number 6 for me. Doubt I will even get pregnant again now, as I'm 43 and apparently in perimenopause ��

I'm so sorry to read your update. Hope your ok, hugs x

Thanks
I was kins of expecting it tbh. I've had 5 previous miscarriages so I guess I'm used to it!

It still hurts though, no matter how many you have had. Go easy on yourself and let yourself be sad if you need to be, if you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me. Hopefully soon we will see you back with your rainbow.

Really sorry snowbelle x

Well it's worse than I thought. They called with today's blood test result and my hcg has gone up to 6000 and something and I have to go back Friday and have treatment with methotrexate which I'm really not looking forward to. Why can't things be simple? They had a good look on the scan and saw no sign of ectopic. But they have to treat it like it is because of my hcg levels ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->