HCG Beta question please help!

kayerickson14

Reaction score
Im hoping someone can help ease my mind a little no matter which direction this may go in.. LMP was sept 3. We did our second round of femara/ovidrel/ and currently estradiol.. triggered on sept. 16th.. believe ovulation around the 18th. had spotting at on sept. 28th at 10dpo. Monday, 11dpo I got a very faint positive..my tests have continued to get darker and darker. Had my first Beta on Wednesday 10/1 at 4pm, and it was 38.1..had my second beta on Friday at 11 am and it was 66.7 which puts me at 43 hours in-between..are these good numbers...Or should I be preparing myself for a not so happy ending.. We have suffered two loses before, though we did not do fertility with either one and neither one ever produced a dark positive and always ended before I could get a blood test.. I wont know my Dr's opinion on the numbers until Monday and I am extremely nervous..

As long as they are doubling that's great. Doctors like to see them double by 48 hours and you are fine. Women vary from pregnancy to pregnancy to woman to woman how fast their HCG will rise. I'm a fairly fast riser but that is me. 11 DPO 28, 13 DPO 88.7. With DD 8 DPO 12 and 13 DPO 196. I also know plenty of women who double up to 72 hours and have perfectly normal and healthy pregnancies. Try not to worry. I know it's hard. I've been through a MC back in Jan 2012 and two Chem's this year.

Your numbers are fine! Doubling time is good! Its just early! Congrats!!!!

I worried at that stage too. You should be good! Mine started low but as long as they were doubling (my first one was actually 60 hours or something) and no one was concerned. Are you getting one last beta drawn?

Thanks ladies I should be happy but im so scared to be then something happen.. It didnt quite double and it worries me.. Idk if they will draw a 3rd beta or not. I wont know till monday.. I just dont feel pregnant and I have this awful gut feeling telling me not to get excited..

Well got my 3rd number today.. Not feeling to great.. Didnt double.. Just increased a little.. Afraid this wont end so happy :(

Wednesday 13 dpo- 38.1
Friday 15 dpo- 66.7
Monday 18 dpo- 98.8

I'm sorry the numbers aren't what you were hoping for, but I wouldn't give up hope until you see bleeding. Nothing is impossible (I got pregnant on a round of clomid my Dr said wouldn't happen).

Im pretty bummed but my husband and mom keep saying why are you upset?! You went up. I should be happy but im more scared.. I did go up ao i guess thats a good sign right? Or am I just wishful thinking

Hey,

Try keep the head up missy I am 6w4days.. I ad a MC in June at 12wks and I am going through the exact same thing at the minute and it is scary. My doctor was more worried about ectopic pregnancy as mine was 9,000 last Tues and 15,750 last Thurs and 30,000 yesterday morning, so mines werent doubling atal. He was a bit worried about this sp sent me for a scan today and they was the little beans heart beat and planted in the correct place and not my tubes.. I had asked the doctor in the hospital why my hcgs werent doubling if everything was fine and she says they always cant go by the hcg levels as every pregnancy is different. Try push your Dr for an early scan to give you peace of mind as its not pleasant the worrying..

Wishing you lots of luck and hugs

Thank you! Im trying to tell myself itll be ok, but man is it hard! Especially since my dr office puts so much emphasis on numbers. They refuse to do a scan until 8-10 weeks. They say my levels are not where they should be, I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. Im praying to God im just a slow riser, and that tomorrow itll all be ok, but I also realize I have to be realistic..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->