Hcg didn't double in 48 hours, reason for concern?

AnnaCat09

#4 due 3/28/18
Reaction score
Hello Ladies! I am 5 weeks 4 days and had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 0 days and there was a yolk sac. I also had my HCG tested that day and it was 9,400 two days later it was 12,300. The nurse asked if i had any changes in symptoms and i really haven't. I did have cramps this morning but think it was gas cramps. I've been super nauseous and tired but that could be because i have a 13 month old. What do you think, is this a cause for concern?

I know it's all a waiting game, just want to hear any experiences good and bad.

Thanks Ladies!

For some people it takes longer to double so i wouldnt worry....you went up a fair amount and thats good. The only time it would be very worrysome is if it only went up a teeny bit.

It won't double in 48hrs when it's that high.

Thank you Ladies! The more I read the more at ease I feel. I read, the same thing 3boys said, once levels are that high they slow down and also slow down after 4 weeks. I was a little nervous there for a second. But I really think all is well.

Plus 85% double in under 72 hours in healthy early pregnancy. That means in 15% of healthy pregnancies it doesn't double. And that's before it gets as high as yours

I had some issues last week and I was only 6 weeks so they would not scan me (they only scan when you are 7 weeks or above or if your HcG is more than 1500). Anyway they did my HcG and said come back in 48 hours and we will recheck it. They said it should rise by a minimum of 66% in 48 hours.
Anyway my HcG was 19,800 so they called me back the next day and said I could have a scan right away. (they dont scan under 1500 as you are unlikely to see anything on ultrasound).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->