HCG doubling only every 4 days

hibiscus07

#1=Jack; EDD#2=Feb 8,2014
Reaction score
Hi All-
I'm a tad worried, but not terribly. I had been spotting over the last 3-4 days (light brown/tan, no red), with no cramping. I am still feeling nauseated and my boobs hurt, although maybe not as much as a few days ago.
Anyway, my OB nurse practitioner tested my HCG Monday afternoon and again on Wednesday AM.
Monday afternoon, the HCG was 643.2.
Wednesday AM, the HCG was 900.

I calculated what the doubling time would be and it is just under 4 days. I'm supposed to go back again next Tuesday to see how it is doing.
Any words of encouragement? Anyone have rises this slow and go on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks!!

Oh I should note that I'm approximately 6 weeks prg.

i dont have an answer im afraid but just wanted to say good luck and fx everything works out ok xxx

I'm not sure either but like Caz I just wanted to say good luck... I have my fingers crossed for you. xx

just wanted to pop in and say good luck i have been having my HCG tested and know how it feels i wish now i had not of started getting mine tested

i know every pregnancy HCG level is different i can tell you at 5week and 2days mine where 4158 i have desided not 2 get any more done as it was all i was thinking about

F'X crossed 4 ya sweet :hugs:

Hi

I think it is a good sign that they have increased but you should have a repeat one again in 2 days or so . If it still doesnt double the doctor may start investigating further. I heard stories of "slow starters" that really took off 5 days after the initial testing

Good luck and hugs

By the way did you doctor comment on the increase? Will they recommend another beta?

Hi-
Yeah she's going to check it again Tuesday to "give it some time" and make sure it's not stalled. It should be over 2700 if it's doubling every 4 days, but hopefully it will be higher, indicating more rapid doubling. If it's over 2500 she said they can do an U/S. Ugh the wait!! 6 days until more results. I hope my spotting stops by then...

Good luck, I am hoping for high levels for you!

Hi

Your HCG levels, although they should double, it can take up to 72 hours (three days) to nearly double, which might be about right for you, so try to keep positive and good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->