HCG drop and no heart beat with Doppler

gits87

Reaction score
Hey ladies.

I just wanted to share some news with you guys, of how my panic turned into some good news after all said and done.

This past weekend I went into do a checkup with my general practicioner as she wants to see me every 4 weeks to make sure everything is going okay with baby and myself.

SO she takes out the doppler (here I am 10 weeks 2 days) I get so excited and I get her to call my hubby so he can have a listen. She trys to give a listen and there is no heart beat that she can find. So hear I am ready :cry:

She's like okay I want you to go do a blood test and check your HCG. And she calls me the day after and says your HCG isn;t what I expected. We have to see if you have a live fetus. By this time I am an emotional mess :cry::cry:. My husband is trying to console me and I can't be consoled. Here I am thinking the worst.

She tells me that we have to get an ultrasound. Here I am :cry: and panicking that something is wrong and I wasn't able to save my baby. So Today I went in for the ultrasound, and the nurse has this serious face on her face while she is moving the probe and she uses both the one you use on your belly and the transvaginal one.

I have my fingers crossed that somehow there is a miracle and that baby is okay. And she's like to me can I turn the screen over and show you something. I'm like oh my god what is she going to show me. I'm freaking out. And low and behold there is a baby in the proper spot with two hands and two feet and a beating heart.

So yeah I just wanted to say that, sometimes it may be scarey. But keep your faith. All I can say is all the news was sounding bad and the end result was something great!

Thats great. 10 weeks is a little iffy with the doppler so I'm not surprised the hb wasn't picked up. I'm really surprised though that they'd take blood hcg levels instead of a scan right then though as a scan gives more info than blood levels at that gestation, plus it's immediate and wouldn't have left you with so much stress and worry. Glad it all turned out okay though. Congratulations!!

My HCG dropped by about 100,000 at 9 weeks, then later went back up again after 10 weeks. The doctor still isn't sure why, but my babies are fine.
I wasn't able to find a heartbeat on the doppler until 11 weeks.

So glad that everything is okay with you.

Sorry you had that stress and worry, can't imagine it..! The doctor shouldn't have tried to listen with a Doppler so early, midwives usually won't routinely try until around 16 weeks as it's hit and miss before that.
So glad everything is ok for you!

Thanks ladies!!!
i felt so much better though when i saw the heartbeat and that everything is okay soo far!
Thats what my mom was saying to me after I told her that the doctor tried the doppler, that she shouldnt have even tried it.

I am just glad that the stress is done.

This is why my doc refused to check my hcg after 6 weeks. She said the levels start acting funny and don't go as expected and causes panic for no reason. An internal ultrasound is the only way to have assurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->