HCG Level Question

AJB

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and very excited to have found it!! I am 8 wks 0 days today and due June 28th. I had an IUD for 6 years and had it removed Sept 20th, and then had a BFP on Oct 22nd. Since I never had a period on the IUD, I had no idea how far along I was. I finally had an ultrasound last Friday and it showed that I was 7wks 1 day (which puts me at 8wks today). I had my HcG levels checked on October 24 (based on what I now know would have been 4 weeks 4 days) my Hcg level was 1507. I had it checked again 2 days later and it was 2402. It didn't fully double but the doctor wasn't too concerned, especially since I had the ultrasound last week and it showed the baby and heartbeat! My question is: were my numbers NORMAL? I have heard that high Hcg levels are associated with molar pregnancies (which obviously isn't the case since we saw a heartbeat), multiples (again, we only saw ONE baby), and the last option is Downs Syndrome. Are my numbers indicative of a baby with Downs? I hope I am not being too paranoid, I just want other people's opinions...

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all of you pregnant mamas!!!

Ashley

This is a good question I just found out today and im curious about everything xx

From what I know about hcg levels your seem fine. With my first son mine were over 5000 at 5 weeks. There is such a huge range of normal with hcg levels. I think yours just point to a healthy pregnancy. On beta base, which is a really good site for hcg levels it says that the lowest hcg level reported for a successful singleton pregnancy at 18 dpo (which is what I think 4 wks 4 days is?) the lowest was 9 and the highest was 10,529 so quite the range! Here's the site if you want to take a look https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single
Congratulations on your little bean!!!

they seem fine to me!
Mine were taken at 12dpo and 14dpo

you can read it in my signature!

Good luck and Congratulations!

(very high numbers could be a sign of multiples, but it doesnt always work)

Looks good once level over 1200 takes 72 hrs abt, to double! Congrats

Does anyone know how reliable betabase website is? im pretty sure i was only 10 or 11 dpo with my first beta and it was 83?? This is my 7th pregnancy and im still confused. thank ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"