Hcg levels at 13dpo.... anyone?

breakingdawn

Reaction score
I'm currently at high risk for another ectopic, my last one was 5 years ago exactly to the date and now I'm pregnant again. I got a very faint BFP on Monday. While they did progress, I had no change in a FRER on 12 and 14DPO. :( I had my levels checked at 13DPO (Friday) and I got those results this morning. It was 56. My doctor said it was on the low end.

I got more blood drawn today and those results tomorrow morning should tell us a lot.

How were your early levels? Anyone? I hope this isn't a repeat from 5 years ago.

It's not so much where your hcg starts but if it doubles within 48-72 hours. Your initial beta is in the normal range. FX'd for you. Try not to worry until you have a reason to. Easier said than done I know.

I had mine drawn the first time at 4w6d. The result for that was a beta of 664. If I divide it in half backward every 48 hours, that would have put me at around an HCG of 50-60 on 14dpo. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant. As Sophie mentioned, it's not about one single value, but instead how it progresses (doubles) over a certain span of time. In my case, when I went back for my next beta they couldn't get any blood... So it was a week before I got my second beta done. (At 5w6d) But that point it was at 7560 (or something), which meant it had doubled appropriately over the previous 7 days. That's really all they're looking for. Fingers crossed that your next beta shows appropriate doubling and that you have a healthy (sticky) bean in there!

I know it's all about how it rises. I was just kinda sad my doctor said "it's very low". Seemed a little discouraging.

Doctors always worry women with silly comments like that, I have absolutely no idea why as its nothing to be concerned about. There's very little you can tell from one result and the number is irrelevant as its how it's rises that matters. My levels at 13dpo were 0. Totally negative blood test, I got my bfp at 17dpo. Ovulation was confirmed at on cd15 with temps so can't even blame it on late ovulation. My hcg levels in all my healthy pregnancies have always been what doctors consider non viable, (only 1046 at 6+2 in my dd pregnancy), they also very rarely double in 48 hours, mine take nearer the 72 hours, honestly don't stress yourself too much over it. I'm sure your next results will show your little one is doing just fine :)

Thank you for all the support and encouragement. I think I'm on edge because it's the 5 year ectopic anniversary literally this month.

Seems a fine number to me. With my daughter they were 28 at 13dpo.

Mine were 28 at 11dpo. I thought that was low but gp wasn't concerned

I know it's all about how it rises. I was just kinda sad my doctor said "it's very low". Seemed a little discouraging.

Sometimes doctors just say stupid stuff. The whole reason I even had my levels drawn when I did was because my midwife said that the pregnancy test result was SO faint that she had to squint. (Which didn't make sense, since I had taken two tests before my appointment and they were nice and dark.) She said I was probably about to miscarry, but it was possible that it was an ectopic and she was really worried, so she wanted to draw a beta and give me an early ultrasound. She left me feeling that there was no hope at all.

I hate dealing with beta numbers but due to my high ectopic risk I have no choice. I'm hoping so much for a good call tomorrow morning. Waiting all weekend for my first results was torture so I'm very thankful I just have to wait tonight!

Hope you get great news tomorrow. :hugs:

I am afraid it is bad news for my ladies, my levels only reached 83 and I am now at high risk for an ectopic pregnancy again. 5 years to the date from my last one.

Sorry to hear this. Are you having a scan? I thought ectopic levels were supposed to be really high. Hope it's all ok

Ectopic hcg can be very sporadic. It can rise slowly, shoot up, go back down, or up. It's a crappy to deal with and diagnose. :(

Oh I see. I'm keeping everything crossed things are still ok

I had an ectopic as well last pregnancy, but this one's in the right spot and have had two good scans at 6 and 8 weeks. Your first number is GREAT and your second is fine for the normal range (48-72 hours). Also, my good friend just had her levels start off slow like this and by her fourth beta draw they recovered and her first scan at 6 weeks just came back fine. It is too early to worry. Did you get another beta draw yet? You may just be on track for a slightly slower start.

Mine was 68 at 14dpo so probably about the same as yours at 13dpo.

On another note, I have no idea what relationship you have with your doctor, but I feel that doctors who are that insensitive to a patients' worry may not be the right fit for some of us. I ended up at an RE for this pregnancy because I was going to look into fertility treatment but ended up getting pregnant before I got all my results back! My point is, now that I have had the very wonderful treatment of a doctor who knows what this process is like for some of us, I will never see a regular OBGYN for my pregnancy again. I am currently shopping for a midwifery practice to take me through the rest of my pregnancy. You might consider it, it's your journey, and your choice who shares that with you :)..

My second number was done 3 days after my first. Therefore, a doubling time of 128 hours :(

First draw was at 10am on Friday, level 56
Second draw was at 11am on Monday, level 83..

Not good.

I'm sorry the numbers aren't rising fast enough. I hope it isn't ectopic but it is good you can be closely monitored.

I was going to say my hcg was 51 at 16dpo so your 13dpo one wasn't too low but obviously it is worrying that they aren't increasing.

I was pretty okay with my first number. The second number killed all hopes. I had more blood work today, I will get those results tomorrow morning and then talk to my doctor about where to go next. My hope is that my numbers went way down and it is just a natural m/c. But I don't think I will be that lucky. Obviously I have done something awful in the past to deserve all this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->