HCG levels! help me understand

auora

Reaction score
Hey I hope someone can help me understand where I am in this pregnancy i had a vf positive at 15dpo done a blood same day and levels were only 27 so the doctor believed I was only a week pregnant instead of 4.. at 21 dpo done another blood and level was 1141 which put me at 5 weeks I'm am so confused has someone had a similar issue??

I got my lmp dec 1...got a bfp on the 20th of december...did blood on 23rd hcg was at 81...did blood again on 26th was at 396...again did blood on 27th an an hcg was 627..at that time i was 3 weeks 4 dayz i think...im confused cuz what ive read 627 is in the 5 weekz range so im confused as well...i dont go back to doc till 17th of jan...sorry i cant help u jusy wanted u to know ur not alone lol an maybe someone can help shed some light for us both...an congrats on being pregnant!!!

I recently confirmed a pregnancy. It's normal.
I think I was 9 or 10 dpo when I got a positive and got the beta test.
First it was 16 and then 3 days later it was 145 and then 4 days later it was 1017. I have one more tomorrow.

your pregnancy starts on first day of AF and they base it off 28d cycle.

:thumbup:

For example: Af starts Jan 1, i dont O until Jan 15, BFP Jan 30. They count me as 4wks pregnant on Jan 30th.

I'm sure that I have at least 3-4 days before reaching 21 dpo.
HCG doesn't accurately predict how far along you are. Have you charted? Do you know when you ovulated for sure? If not, then wait for the doctor to measure the gestation sac. It's pretty accurate that way.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Thank you all for your replies CONGRATS to everyone!!
It's just so confusing going off the hcg levels because there is such a range i guess i was not expecting to jump that high in 6 days, oh well just have to wait till ultrasound my doc wants to schedule one when im about 8 weeks according to LMP so i will check back in and tell you all how far i am EXACTLY :) keep us posted with your results and ultrasounds..

Thank you all for your replies CONGRATS to everyone!!
It's just so confusing going off the hcg levels because there is such a range i guess i was not expecting to jump that high in 6 days, oh well just have to wait till ultrasound my doc wants to schedule one when im about 8 weeks according to LMP so i will check back in and tell you all how far i am EXACTLY :) keep us posted with your results and ultrasounds..

HCG doubles about every 2days, so in 6days, it can go up quite a bit!

I'd go LMP until you have a dating scan. Hcg varies too much, so can't be used to date a pregnancy. Ex: with daughter, going by lmp I was 4w6d when I had my blood checked and my level was 18,762, which would put me nearer 7 weeks. I had a scan the following week which confirmed I had only been 4w6d when I had the blood done. Congratulations!

Hey Mamas just want to update i was at the hospital today due to severe cramping that was shooting to my leg doctors were afraid it was ectopic or maybe my appendix but all is well they gave me a blood test my hcg went up to 16545 and scan showed one baby right where it should be and measuring at 6 weeks 1 day which is exactly where i am supposed to be im very happy i got to see the heartbeat 111bpm. The pain i was experiencing was most likely due to a ruptured cyst because there was fluid around my organs causing slight inflammation, other than that they were pleased and i was ecstatic! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->