HCG levels help?

Laurenshelley

Mum to my daughter Mia
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I got taken in to hospital on Friday evening because of bad belly ache on my left side witch turns out to be we're I am constipated, but they took my bloods to check my HCG levels were okay to make sure it wasn't a ectopic pregnancy, my 1st blood test came back at 137,000 and today's (Sunday) came back at 127,000, I've got a scan for Tuesday and my doctor has said it could be two things either a loss and my levels are dropping because of that or it could be that I'm a little further gone then I am and they're starting to drop but she said she can't tell me for sure until my scan, I'm really worried about it all I'm 10 weeks today (I think).
Anyone had anything like this?💜

Seriously don't know why any dr would order hcg levels at this stage in pregnancy as a scan gives them much more info, especially after 8 weeks. And towards the end of 1st tri hcg tends to level out and it drops. I've seen another person write that this happened to her towards the end of the 8th week (baby was fine). I think the typical time is b/t 10 and 12 weeks, which is where you are. GL

Seriously don't know why any dr would order hcg levels at this stage in pregnancy as a scan gives them much more info, especially after 8 weeks. And towards the end of 1st tri hcg tends to level out and it drops. I've seen another person write that this happened to her towards the end of the 8th week (baby was fine). I think the typical time is b/t 10 and 12 weeks, which is where you are. GL

I used to work in the ER. HCG is often drawn no matter how far along the pregnancy is because the OB (it might not be the patient's OB) will ask for it if they need to be consulted and get pissed if it wasn't ordered.
The ER has to appease both patients and consulting doctors.

That sounds a bit scary, it's a pity that couldn't do a quick scan at the hospital. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm sure your little bean is fine 💜💜

If you think you're 10 weeks I would definitey be more inclined to think hcg is just tapering off as the placenta has taken over. It doesnt usually happen before 12 weeks but can happen as early as 9 weeks.

Keep us updated ad good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"