Hcg levels not doubling

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by stardancer6x, Jun 1, 2013.

1. stardancer6x

stardancer6x Well-Known Member

My 6 week blood test came back with hcg 955 and progesterone 14. They put my on progesterone pills. At my 7 week blood test my progesterone was way up but my hcg had only gone up to 1000 something. The doctor said it is probably going to be a bad pregnancy and end in miscarriage. They are going to check me again on Tuesday. Has anyone had this happen and had a good pregnancy ? I am desperate for hope.

2. _jellybean_

_jellybean_ Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you hope hon, but hCG is supposed to double every three days at least. Sending you hugs.

3. EllieNation

EllieNation Mother of 2

Didn't want to read & run but I don't have much insight to offer. All I will say is that nature can be a marvellous thing, so who knows.

Good luck xxxxx

4. monkee12

monkee12 Well-Known Member

I don't have much advice either, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hoping all is ok xxx

5. alibaba24

alibaba24 Well-Known Member

hope your ok x :hugs:

6. hopestruck

hopestruck Mommy to a Miracle

Hi sweetie, I'm sorry you are going through beta hell :( The levels do sound low to me. I'm sorry and I hope you get some answers!

7. lw0619

lw0619 Well-Known Member

im so sorry stardancer :hugs: but i agree with ellienation...miracles happen every day!! i will be thinking and praying for you and hope to hear a good update.

8. Beatha

Beatha Mum to a boy & a girl

I don't have much advice to offer, but I'm wishing you the best and I hope everything is just fine. *hugs*

9. _jellybean_

How re you doing honey?

10. Bbynme25

Bbynme25 Member

I'm going through a very similar situation. My levels were 109 may 24th and then a week later only 350. We have no idea how far along I am due to irregular periods. My doctor doesn't seem worried at all, but I AM!!! I'm freaking out completely. I am not having ANY SYMPTOMS OF MISCARRIAGE, and I just had a healthy pregnancy and baby girl 10 months ago...this makes no sense to me. I hope everything works out for you, please let me know.

11. _jellybean_

Bbynme--is your doctor just telling you to wait and see, or us she running more tests? Hcg levels are a good indicator of whether everything will be okay. Are you sure you heard your doctor right? Maybe your dr. Misread the results?

12. hopestruck

hopestruck Mommy to a Miracle

Hi,

Sorry you are also going through beta hell. Unfortunately just because you had a healthy baby girl doesn't mean you are immune to m/c. And often times you won't have any "symptoms" of m/c until your levels start to drop. I hope your doctors continue to monitor your closely to ease your fears.