Hcg levels rising but not doubling panic!!!!

Loren

Reaction score
So I had a scan Tuesday only thing visible was gestational sac, had bloods they Wer 4581 had them repeated yday found out before ther 7317 I'm terrified wat does this mean I'm not sure wat I am but going from lmp I should be around 6 weeks help I can't stop crying

I have no advice but wanted to give you a hug :hugs:

Try not to panic hun, that's almost a double. In my last pregnancy mine weren't doubling all the time, but my consultant told me that as long as the are close to doubling then that's fine. And she's 6 months now.

Mine weren't doubling in my last pregnancy and he is just fine and a happy 2 year old. Please just try to breathe and calm down a little bit. It will be ok. Don't stress yourself like I did, wasn't worth it because everything was fine.

Your hCG levels are fine. They only double until they reach 2,500 or so and then slow down. In 6th week it's normal for hCG levels to take as long as 84 hours to double. Later on 96 and so on. I'm sure everything is fine and early scan just didn't pick up everything.

I don't want to give negative but this is similar to what happened to me in December. I had a scan at 6.5 and there was nothing but a sac, no baby etc. I have my bloods done and altho they were rising they weren't doubling. They were increasing less than urs tho. A week after the scan I started bleeding. Had another scan and the sac had grown but still no baby. A week or so after that I mc x

Like I say tho my levels were rising slower than urs so hopefully urs is all pointing in the right direction. What do u have another scan booked for? X

Mrs b in not sure how true that is that they only double till 2500! That is quite a 'lowish' hcg level. Ur levels can be as high as 40000 at 6 weeks x

Jox, you're right, they can be that high. HCG levels have a great deal of range. Here's the HCG chart my doctor's office lists on the blood pregnancy test:

Gestational Weeks HCG
0-1 Week 5-50
1-2 Weeks 50-500
2-3 Weeks 100-5,000
3-4 Weeks 500-10,000
4-5 Weeks 1,000-50,000
5-6 Weeks 10,000-100,000
6-8 Weeks 15,000-200,000
2-3 Months 10,000-100,000

Here's a bit of research:

The hCG levels will usually double approximately every 48 hours [ 2 days ] for the first four weeks of pregnancy.
• As pregnancy progresses the doubling time increases. By 6 to 7 weeks gestation beta hCG levels may take as long as 84 hours [ 3½ days ] to double.
• The beta hCG may take more than 48 - 72 hours [ 2 to 3 days ] to double in 15% of normal intrauterine pregnancies.
• About 17% of ectopic pregnancies have normal doubling times.

Thank you all for your comments, I've calmed down a little now, as my OH sed what ever happens happens, we've got eschother to get through what ever the outcome, I just can't handle another loss let alone all this eptopic jargon the nurses n docs Wer talking about, well I went the EPU and they examined me internally and checked my cervix, I didn't have any pain wat so ever, good sign but not out the woods yet, cervix is closed, and no other bad things as of yet. Still in limbo and no mention of another scan I have to go back tomorrow for more bloods, I might aswel pitch a tent at that hospital!! Doctors wernt atall bothered over my hcg results as they like to see a 66% rise and I'd had a 62% rise so they sed with only 4% off WA they wanted it didn't concern them tomorrow's will give us a better outlook to which is going on, I have my first midwife appointment Tuesday dno wat to do, keep it or reschedule it or wait and see then go from ther, can't stand not knowing wats going on, I begged and begged for a scan today just to see if anything atall had popped up in the gestational sac but no luck. When she was putting the speculum in it kept popping back out haha but she sed my tilted uterus was to blame and I had to make fists at the bottom of my back for it to get in n stay ther embarrassing enough my lady chuff was in her face that I had to elevate myself so my arse was now staring at her and the student doctor right in the eye haha al let u all know my outcome as I find out, thank you again xxxx

Lots of love Loren, I hope ur seconds bloods Come back with a good increase. Mine was only about 18% if I remember rightly so well below the 66%.

Hopefully they'll reschedule u for a scan next week sometime xx

Thank you very much Hun well I had my 3rd results back today, we are know at 14272 so doctors are made up, only 45 hcg would u class it haha off an exact double, so I have been booked in Tuesday 10.15am for a scan, if use would like I'll pop back on Tuesday with the outcome, thanks for all ur comments xxxxx

That's amazing news Loren, yes pls come back and let us know how ur scan goes xx

Hi ladies had my scan, within 2 seconds of her putting the scan probe thing in Ther was baby were it should be heartbeat the lot, thank you so much for your reassurance!!! Really helped, she measured baby at 5.1mm or what Ever she measured haha and said she puts me at 6 weeks give or take a week. I am so happy but for past 3 days feel really really ill haha onwards and upwards, thank you again xxxxxxxx

Amazing! So glad to hear good news. I'm so happy for you that you can relax a bit now :)

Amazing news Loren, I'm so pleased for u xx

My lo was measuring 7mm at 6+3 :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->