HCG levels rising slowly..I am so worried, please someone shed some light!!

Bbynme25

Reaction score
Okay so my last period started on April 13th. I breastfed my daughter for the last time on May 3rd or 4th. I thought I got my period as expected in May, but it was only a few spots and then nothing for a few days when I had some more brown spotting, but only when I wiped. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I still didn't get my period so I took another test a few days later. FAINTEST positive. Tested again the next day and again, another faint positive. I was still spotting very lightly (brown) so I got worried and went into emerge. I went into emerge on May 22 and my HCG levels were 63. The doctor told me either I was miscarrying OR my hormones went out of whack from stopping breastfeeding and I ovulated very late. If I had ovulated late I would just be a lot earlier along than I thought in my pregnancy. The doctor said if it is a viable pregnancy I would be 2-3 weeks. Here I was thinking I was 6 weeks based on LMP. SO, I went back two days later on the 24th and my levels went up to 109. My family doctor then called me and told me that my levels seem to be rising at the right rate so I probably was just a lot earlier than I thought and to treat it as a viable pregnancy. I went back to see him a week later on the 31. He called me this morning telling me my levels rose to 350. So from 109-350 in 7 days. He didn't say anything other than I was just earlier than I thought I was and not to worry. BUT I AM WORRIED!! Aren't they supposed to double every 48-72 hours?? Shouldn't that put me around 1000? This all just makes no sense to me and I want answers. I am so worried. I want this pregnancy to be healthy and succeed. Has anyone had a similar situation turn into a healthy baby? Please share your experiences.

Let me stop you there. don't do this to yourself lol. I did it to my self and you will drive yourself nuts. I did that and the stress caused a mc, the hcg level is a good indicator for pregnancy BUT the numbers vary so much from woman to woman I recommend prayer and an ultrasound in a few weeks that is the only way to truly know. good luck hun!!!

I agree, stop thinking about the numbers. Take each day as it comes. I know it's not easy but it really will help to relax xx

I have a similar story to yours. However mine did not have a good outcome but my numbers never got very high. Mine ended up being a chemical pregnancy. As far as I know my numbers never got much over 40 so I think you are doing ok. In early pregnancy, the HCG numbers do vary widely. Try not to stress about it too much. What will happen will happen. GL :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->