Hcg levels??

Mof2012

Pregnant
Reaction score
Congratulations everyone on your bfps!! I went to my first doctors appointment this morning and she didn't even confirm the pregnancy with a urine test, she only asked me if I have taken a home preg test....I've taken about 7 and all positive so maybe that's why she didn't bother. So I've been spotting brown for the past week and a half...some scary moments when I've seen pink/red. The doctor didn't seem very hopeful but asked me to take a blood test to see my hcg levels. Today I am 5 weeks, 2 days and she said my levels should be around 1,000. If I only have 50 - low hundreds it's a 'no go' (her words). So now I'm worried about my levels. I should get my results in a few days. What was everyone's hcg levels around 5 weeks?

I got my bloods done at excatly 5 weeks and it came back at at 136 and doc said it was good as it should only be 100 at that stage, I am now 10w3d and am baking a very healthy strong baby, I have had two scans and have been told everything is perfect. as for not doing a test in the office - she prob just took the fact you done hpt as a positive, mine did.

hope this helps x

I had a scan around 5 weeks (last pregnancy)... and my HCG was 1000

even though i had good levels, i still miscarried...

Try and not read too much into the numbers :) x

Thank you so much loulou and babee! I feel a lot better. Once my results are in I will insist on a second test and as long as my symptoms are still around and my numbers are going up I'll be happy

hiya, fingers crossed for you!! just thought id tell you what happend to me last month.. on july 23rd i was 5weeks pregnant exactly and i started bleeding lightly ...it was bright red streaky for the first day and half and then turn into pure bright red blood for the next week. when i had my hcg level tested on the second day of bleeding so 5+1 my levels were only 24. i passed the baby two days after that blood test. im now pregnant again with no period in between... i had a blood test last week at 4weeks that was 98 and then at 4+2 at 215. really your doc should have done a test 48 hrs after the first as its not meant to be about the number (unless its as low as my miscarriage one was) but its about whether or not they are doubling every 48-72hrs! i wish you all of the luck in the world as i know how hard it is to lose a pip! :( good luck! xxx

Hi Kelly
i did my first pregnancy test 2 weeks ago, and had a little spotting, and because of my previous history (ectopic, and 1 loss) i went and had bloods the following day, which was 23, gyni was not hopefull, and 48 hours later it went to 46, and then 2 days later went to 70. I bled for 4 days heavy, so thought that was it. Then yesterday i decided to do another test, and it was positive, so had bloods the same day, and it rose to 756 ( would be a little under 6 weeks), and scan showed everything was ok. I think everyone is different
Congratulations on being pregnant

Hi, I'm new to this thread, just over 5 weeks pregnant, hcg at 950 on Monday 227 last week. Attending the napro clinic and was told today it was still low for 5 weeks plus. Any advice really worried. Ttc for 2 years and 2 misses so far...

On 15dpo my HCG was 93. With my ectopic at 18dpo it was 74.

They should be doing atleast two blood draws anyway. Its not about the number really..its about what the numbers do. You want them to be doubling.

Crossing fingers and toes for your betas to double! x

spotting is also a sign, sometimes, of low progesterone...so she should have also test for that. The HCG levels...well I don't think she should have been so fonded on the 1000 number....it's more how the numbers double than anything else....

hiya, fingers crossed for you!! just thought id tell you what happend to me last month.. on july 23rd i was 5weeks pregnant exactly and i started bleeding lightly ...it was bright red streaky for the first day and half and then turn into pure bright red blood for the next week. when i had my hcg level tested on the second day of bleeding so 5+1 my levels were only 24. i passed the baby two days after that blood test. im now pregnant again with no period in between... i had a blood test last week at 4weeks that was 98 and then at 4+2 at 215. really your doc should have done a test 48 hrs after the first as its not meant to be about the number (unless its as low as my miscarriage one was) but its about whether or not they are doubling every 48-72hrs! i wish you all of the luck in the world as i know how hard it is to lose a pip! :( good luck! xxx

Thank you so much for your response! My doctor suggested taking another blood test in 10 days. I thought that was a long wait but this is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what the norm is. I've had very little brown spotting today so I'm hopeful but it's still so early anything can happen. I hope this little bean and I make it!

spotting is also a sign, sometimes, of low progesterone...so she should have also test for that. The HCG levels...well I don't think she should have been so fonded on the 1000 number....it's more how the numbers double than anything else....

Thank you Karolyn! I will mention that to my doctor :)

Got a call from the doctor saying my level was 'not bad' in her words at 1,591. I have to take another blood test on Wednesday or Thursday so I'll be just over 6 weeks by then.

Hi all, I am a mother of twins and one single birth. I am currently pregnant. My fist HCG on 6/10 87, then on 6/12 it was 208, today my last one came back and it is 1594. I'm still concerned that it is not rising fast enough. My OB said that I may have just ovulated late...... Is this normal????

To the original poster: is your doctor an OB or just your primary doctor? I don't understand a doctor saying that the actual number should be 1000. That's ridiculous.

Here is the chart from AmericanPregnancy.com
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE&#8211; every woman&#8217;s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

As you can see, there is a HUGE range of what is considered "normal". It's more about how quickly the numbers double. At first they want to see the numbers double within 48-72 hours. So normally, the blood test is repeated two days later to see if they have doubled (or close to doubled... don't stress too much about doubling EXACTLY).

(note: it's only supposed to double that much at first. As the numbers get higher, it takes longer to double. Once it's over 6000 it can take over 4 days to double)

To those of you who have had multiple draws, try this site: https://www.betabase.info/calc/

Here you can enter the day (and time!) of both of your blood draws and it will tell you how many hours it's taking to double.

But.... PLEASE only use that calculator for FUN. There are plenty of people who take a little extra time for the numbers to fully double. What's more important is that they are going up significantly every time.

dreydrey39 - all of those numbers are actually great doubling times. Certainly nothing to worry about with those!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->