hcg levels

Baby.Love12

Reaction score
Hi girls, I have bern having blood work every 2 days since last Monday and they have been doubling until today. Started at 86 then rose to 183, 388, 2052, 3334. Should I be concerned? I have read that after 1200 levels take longer to go up. Basically it went up 62% in 2 days. I am trying to be positive but I am really nervous

Yes from that point it can take longer to double (up to 96hrs), I would not worry! (I know easier said than done)
Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy :flower:

Makes me so mad my dr office would say thats not what they like to see

My doctor stops after second beta so I'm inexperienced on it. But the numbers look so strong to me.

But If you're concerned, your doctor should be willing to do what it takes to help you feel better. When's your first ultrasound? Try not to stress too much!

Yes at your point it slows down. Congrats baby.love I remember you from charts, charts, charts. So happy, congratulations. What's your edd?

Hello,
I've read the same thing about betas over 1200 - they can take up to 3-4 days to double. Your numbers look good, from then on only time will tell. Also, you had a huge jump from 388 to 2052 in just 2 days, maybe your body is balancing out after that(??). I had a big jump from 337 (1st beta) to 1325 (2nd beta) and that was over 3 days, not 2, and my doctor still thought it was a great increase for a 3-day period.

Any particular reason your doctor's office is giving you so many blood tests? I know most doctors will do 2 at the beginning just to check the progression, and if all is good, they stop and just bring you in for a first scan between weeks 6 and 8. Some will do 3 to be on the safe side, but I've rarely heard of 4 blood draws for betas, unless there's a problem with the pregnancy. Which doesn't seem to be your case.
Like Juliet11, mine usually does two, and if the progression is good after the second one, they stop at that.

First ultrasound is monday morning. Can't wait.

Thank you babifever congrats to you as well. Im not sure what the reason is but they did say they will continue every two days until they see a heartbeat. Maybe because it is a fertility clinic and not a regular ob. I am feeling so much better though. Can't wait to see the heartbeat. Im a little traumatized after last year's blighted ovum.

Keep us posted!
You'll be so relieved to see your little bean ;)

They definitely take longer to double at this point. Many doctors are ok anyway with a minimum of 60% doubling over 48 hours even early on. My doc didn't even care early on when my numbers took 72 hours to double. He stopped monitoring them after seeing that.

Yay :) are you only 5 weeks 2 days or did they put you further

5 weeks 3 days. They also said it measured 3 days bigger

Yeyyyy! that is great news!!!!
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member