HCG levels

pumkin04

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks today. Just went in for bloodwork today to see where my levels are at. I had a miscarriage in October so I wanna know if anything is low sooner rather than later. But I am so nervous waiting for the results :/ someone keep me sane and not anxious I hate waiting. Why does thirst trimester have to be so damn stressful?!?
I am trying so hard to just relax, any tips on anything I can do thAt will ease my waiting stress ?

I'm right behind you and I'm also waiting. In spite of increasingly darker HPTs (test and control line nearly matched on two different tests today), the midwife said their urine test was super faint and she doubted the viability of the pregnancy. I got my first blood draw today and have to go back on Wednesday for another draw. I'm so nervous. Not only did she doubt the viability of the pregnancy, she expressed strong concern about an ectopic... so I'm on pins and needles waiting for the results. :(

Sorry I don't have any advice. I'm probably just going to nap a lot and worry for the next few days, but I wouldn't recommend that. If you've had nice strong lines you could focus on them. Or you could try to focus on some project around the house? Binge-watching an new show on Netflix is also an option. That's about all I've got. lol

Just try to keep busy chatting with friends and family. Also keep in mind one hcg level doesn't mean anything until you have a second one to compare it to. It's all about if the levels are rising appropriately since hcg levels in early pregnancy can vary so much. My first level with dd was 49 and with this baby 42 so that sounds pretty low but they rose appropriately and all is well. Good luck and here's to making it to the second trimester lol!

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml

I'm right behind you and I'm also waiting. In spite of increasingly darker HPTs (test and control line nearly matched on two different tests today), the midwife said their urine test was super faint and she doubted the viability of the pregnancy. I got my first blood draw today and have to go back on Wednesday for another draw. I'm so nervous. Not only did she doubt the viability of the pregnancy, she expressed strong concern about an ectopic... so I'm on pins and needles waiting for the results. :(

Sorry I don't have any advice. I'm probably just going to nap a lot and worry for the next few days, but I wouldn't recommend that. If you've had nice strong lines you could focus on them. Or you could try to focus on some project around the house? Binge-watching an new show on Netflix is also an option. That's about all I've got. lol

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that! Why does your midwife think your ectopic did she say why? I am hoping and praying for you and your baby!

My test lines got pretty dark today on a FRER the test line was darker than the control line. I guess that's a good sign. I'm still just nervous regardless. Best of luck to you. Keep me posted!

I've had one lot of bloods done last Tues at 11dpo.
Came back at 32, which is fine
Had a other done today.
So I'm doing the waiting thing too :)
Its my 6th time preg , but hve one boy.
Fingers crossed for this time for us all xxx
The only thing that makes waiting easier for me is to think
That I cant do anything and the numbers change nothing
They just give me a heads up if things are going to go well or not so well
Huge hugs. Xx
Hope u get ur rainbow bub.

I've been told I've suspected ectopic twice before,
Both times weren't , thank god.
I don't think they should mention that unless more concrete signs,
Its a casual remark for them
But worries us!!! Xx

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that! Why does your midwife think your ectopic did she say why? I am hoping and praying for you and your baby!

My test lines got pretty dark today on a FRER the test line was darker than the control line. I guess that's a good sign. I'm still just nervous regardless. Best of luck to you. Keep me posted!

Her reasoning was that I'm feeling pressure along with my cramps (the cramps are normal, but pressure is not-- according to her), but the main reason was that the test line was too faint for her liking. I told her that I'd been getting progressively darker lines-- and they were nice and dark just two hours before my appointment-- but she simply wasn't hearing it.

In any case, my HCG came back at 664. They must have the WORST pregnancy tests ever if she had to squint to see the line. I know I'm not completely in the clear yet, but hearing that number was a relief. She had me all but convinced I was crazy for even thinking I had a viable pregnancy. Now I just have to wait for my second beta so I can fully put my mind at ease.

I hope your results come back great and that you've been able to keep yourself from stressing about them! :hugs:

Glad ur first numbers are good xx
Fingers crossed for great second numbers xx

Her reasoning was that I'm feeling pressure along with my cramps (the cramps are normal, but pressure is not-- according to her), but the main reason was that the test line was too faint for her liking. I told her that I'd been getting progressively darker lines-- and they were nice and dark just two hours before my appointment-- but she simply wasn't hearing it.

In any case, my HCG came back at 664. They must have the WORST pregnancy tests ever if she had to squint to see the line. I know I'm not completely in the clear yet, but hearing that number was a relief. She had me all but convinced I was crazy for even thinking I had a viable pregnancy. Now I just have to wait for my second beta so I can fully put my mind at ease.

I hope your results come back great and that you've been able to keep yourself from stressing about them! :hugs:

I have never heard of anyone basing a viable pregnancy off of how dark a test line is. Why would she even throw all of that out there. I don't know, just hearing that makes me wonder what she was thinking. Hope you can rest a little easier now. Personally I would switch midwives, but that is just me. I am in the US so I have a Dr.

Well I got my results today for my blood work. They said there aren't going to see me until I'm at least 7 weeks. I am just worried that my numbers are low...I am like freaking out because they seem low to me and after looking on the internet, probably the worst thing I should be doing..internet makes me more paranoid than anything :(

My Progesterone is 15 and my HCG is 2,950 and I am 5 weeks 1 day.

I am hoping these numbers aren't too low and I can go on to have a healthy pregnancy. This whole beginning part really sucks!!!!

With my daughter my numbers were 1046 at 6+1. I know it's scary but your numbers are in normal range. Women freak out all the time on here about low numbers but it really isn't the number that's important, it's how it rises. As long as it doubles every 46-72 hours then all is fine. Are they going to repeat bloods? Just seems odd to do just one draw and not follow up as one result can't tell you much? If your that worried insist on repeat bloods. Good luck and try not to worry! :)

With my daughter my numbers were 1046 at 6+1. I know it's scary but your numbers are in normal range. Women freak out all the time on here about low numbers but it really isn't the number that's important, it's how it rises. As long as it doubles every 46-72 hours then all is fine. Are they going to repeat bloods? Just seems odd to do just one draw and not follow up as one result can't tell you much? If your that worried insist on repeat bloods. Good luck and try not to worry! :)

Thank you, yes I am going to request blood work again, It is just so nerve racking to find out the results you know?

I agree with Maryanne ur numbers look good.
But I would do second test
One number on its own gives some good indication
But its doubling that really gives u the best picture.
Glad ur first lot are good anyway hon xxx

My doctor's nurse was the one to call with results and was rather insensitive as well. I had my first blood draw at 10DPO and it was 24. She called me with results four days later and told me my numbers were low and asked me if I was bleeding yet. I had to rush for a second blood test as I was leaving for a work trip that afternoon. She didn't call me back until I hounded her down at almost 5pm and she finally told me my levels were up to 203 and I didn't need to worry because the number was good, "based on where I started."

So the bottom line of my story was that they thought I was further ahead because they calculated my O as 11/11 based on LMP and I didn't actually O until 11/17... They didn't ask though, just assumed and then scared the living sh** out of me...

That's a good number. At 4w3d mine was 15800. Dr had no clue about levels and had to double check her chart from pathology when I said that's well above normal range! She then said I'd have to wait until my datong scan at 8 weeks to see if it was ectopic! I was also having cramps, which she could not say were normal or not. I had to do my own research on hcg levels, cramps etc. And of course all was well at my scan...levels were so high because it's twins.

Honestly, some people in the medical profession just have no common sense and think nothing of giving their personal opinion rather than fact. Nevermind waiting on blood tests or scans, or using medical based knowledge when giving an opinion. Making a judgement based on the darkness of the test line is not a medical based opinion. My sister carries small (small preggy belly, healthy sized baby) and she was told by a MW that there must be something wrong with her babies development because she should have a larger stomach! She estimated my sister to be about 5w behind. My sister had to go for tests and another scan because of this womans personal opinion, and there was nothing wrong. My sister spent a week in total fear that her baby had stopped growing.

That's a good number. At 4w3d mine was 15800. Dr had no clue about levels and had to double check her chart from pathology when I said that's well above normal range! She then said I'd have to wait until my datong scan at 8 weeks to see if it was ectopic! I was also having cramps, which she could not say were normal or not. I had to do my own research on hcg levels, cramps etc. And of course all was well at my scan...levels were so high because it's twins.

Honestly, some people in the medical profession just have no common sense and think nothing of giving their personal opinion rather than fact. Nevermind waiting on blood tests or scans, or using medical based knowledge when giving an opinion. Making a judgement based on the darkness of the test line is not a medical based opinion. My sister carries small (small preggy belly, healthy sized baby) and she was told by a MW that there must be something wrong with her babies development because she should have a larger stomach! She estimated my sister to be about 5w behind. My sister had to go for tests and another scan because of this womans personal opinion, and there was nothing wrong. My sister spent a week in total fear that her baby had stopped growing.

Wow! That's crazy. I heard so many stories about MW telling patients their pregnancys aren't viable it's crazy. Their personal opinions and their medical knowledge is two different things. And when ur lying some for their professional opinion they shouldn't treat anyone like that. Rediculous.

Twins wow congrats !! I was gonna say your levels sound like twins I did some research on hcg levels.

I am approaching 4 weeks and my HCG is 3960; is this abnormally high or indicative of a multiple birth? I did take clomid so I guess there is a small chance. I am positive I got pregnant the first week of March 2016 but the ultrasound show no sign of embryo as of 3.31.16. I go back to doctor on 4.4.16 to see if the levels have increased. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->