• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HCG levels

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
I found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant! I have a beautiful daughter and son, and have had five miscarriages. Because of the miscarriages I'm always super-anxious in the early days of pregnancy, so I asked my OB if I could get my HCG and progesterone levels checked. I did, and got them back today (13DPO) - HCG is 310.7 and progesterone is 27, both of which my OB said looked great. HOWEVER, I know that with HCG it's the way the levels rise, rather than a single number, that matters most, but my OB said another draw wasn't necessary. I'm happy that my levels look good, but the control-freak part of me desperately wants to actually know that they're rising well, too. I guess this is more of a vent than anything, but I'm feeling frustrated :wacko:

I do find it odd given your history that the OB isn't running a second one 2 or 3 days later. However, that first HCG number does fit within the range and your progesterone looks great, so maybe that's why she/he isn't concerned.

With my first pregnancy that ended up in a miscarriage, my HCG numbers rose normally the entire time. It was the progesterone that was alarmingly low.

Maybe speak to the doctor again and explain your history and your anxieties and see if they will do another, it makes perfect sense to me to do another because whilst those numbers are great with the hcg you really want it to be doubling up every 48-72 hours. Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"