HCG/LMP/US dates not matching? 5w5d

forevermoore

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
My background:
The date of my LMP was 30th May.
My blood work was done 2 weeks ago and went from 250 to 790 over 2 days.
I had my first ultrasound today and they saw the gestational sac, yolk sac, baby and a heartbeat!

LMP puts me at 6w4d today.
HCG put me in the 5 week range 2 weeks ago. I haven't had another HCG test yet.
Ultrasound puts me at 5w5d today.

Should I be concerned that the dates all don't line up or that the heartbeat is apparently "slow" at 103 bpm? I thought it was usually difficult to pick up the heartbeat before 6 weeks?

My LMP was May 27th. I haven't had an ultrasound yet but I'm assuming my dates will change since I don't have a 28 day cycle (that's what the Drs go off of) I'm expecting the us to push my dates back a week
I wouldn't use hcg levels as an indicator for dates as they range all over the place. The most accurate way to get dates is from an ultrasound.

Honestly, ultrasounds at this point are so hit and miss!! Your baby is so very tiny and seems like it would be growing quickly by your doubling rate xx As said above, hcg isn't an indicator as it varies dramatically. I would go with your ultrasound dates as it's more than likely that you will jump up a few days at your 12 week scan :)
When I was pregnant with my son I knew the exact day I ovulated and he always measured only 1 day behind. He ended up being born on his due date from ovulation and not ultrasound dates too xx

Congrats on your pregnancy xx That's so amazing you got to see a heartbeat so early too!! It's quite rare to see it before 6+3 minimum xx

At 5w6d all we saw was a completely empty gestational sac. It sounds like you're doing great. I wouldn't rely on what the ultrasound says for dates, either, especially if you're fairly sure of ovulation/conception. You're probably much closer to your LMP estimations if you saw everything including a heartbeat. Also, when the heart first begins to beat, the rate will often be lower. It picks up within a week or so to its "normal" higher rates. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->