• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HCG more than doubling... any issues???

Jetset

Reaction score
After some bleeding at just 4 weeks (following positive test at 3 weeks) I had HCG bloods taken. Today's have shown my HCG has more than doubled with Fridays being 357 and today's being 981 (about).

The lady who phoned me to say the consultant would phone me as usually they would only expect me to be around 700 today.

Any ideas??? What problems could cause a larger increase?

It's nothing bad, just means baby is growing good and strong! They say you can't tell multiples by hcg numbers, you'll just have to wait for a scan!!
Those numbers aren't high enough to worry about molar (incase you googled and saw that)!

I'd say it's just a good sign your numbers have more than doubled!

I've never heard of a molar, but just looking now it seems they would need to be hugely elevated.

I have just read that it can indicate a female embryo.

I've never heard of a molar, but just looking now it seems they would need to be hugely elevated.

I have just read that it can indicate a female embryo.

When I was pregnant there were a few of us wondering about the female theory with higher hcg. Mine was 18,762 at 4weeks 6days and I had a girl. A couple other posters said they had higher hcg with their girls. Anyhoo, I wouldn't worry about it. If it was in the 100's thousands, then it could mean molar, but your isn't that high. Doubling faster or being higher than those online charts (which are only guides) doesn't give any information except that your number is going up, which is good. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"