Hopeful151

Reaction score
Hi I am 4 weeks & 5 days pregnant

@ 4w1d my levels were 110
45 hours later 2nd bloods were taken and it was at
180? My ob likes to see double in 48 hours however I was a bit early and
It's not quite doubled.

I'm getting more bloods tomorrow 4w6d

Should I be worried all I can do is stress that they are not doubling I have seen that some doc say 60% in 48 hours is fine however my ob said they have a rule of double in 48?

Any replys will be so thankful for! :)

Most places like to see a 66% increase within 48 hours. Some people can be slower risers and what is still considered normal is 48-72 hours. I think you're fine. Is your doctor going to do another draw in another 2 days?

I was having the same trouble.
mine were rising but not doubling.
first bloods rose by 57%
Second lot rose by 37%

I also had a scan which showed an empty sac measuring just under 5 weeks.
the doctor told me he does not see this being a viable pregnancy and I was sent home in tears thinking I would have another miscarriage.
well I was booked in for another scan a week later and behold there was a yolk sac and fetal pole :) I go bk again on the 3rd nov and shud see a heartbeat.
the nurse I saw was lovely and made me feel more positive.
she said even tho they like numbers to double she said 10% of pregnancies have non doubling levels. She said I could just be one of those ladies whos hormones dont make a pattern but go on to have healthy baby :)

I know im not out of the woods yet but for now things are going well and sometimes not everyone has doubling numbers,some people take longer.
Are you having anymore done?

Most places like to see a 66% increase within 48 hours. Some people can be slower risers and what is still considered normal is 48-72 hours. I think you're fine. Is your doctor going to do another draw in another 2 days?

Thanks for the post, yes tomorrow morning and then Monday aswell, fingers crossed. Throughly if just get pregnant then everything would be perfect but far from so much worry :(

When are you due?

I was having the same trouble.
mine were rising but not doubling.
first bloods rose by 57%
Second lot rose by 37%

I also had a scan which showed an empty sac measuring just under 5 weeks.
the doctor told me he does not see this being a viable pregnancy and I was sent home in tears thinking I would have another miscarriage.
well I was booked in for another scan a week later and behold there was a yolk sac and fetal pole :) I go bk again on the 3rd nov and shud see a heartbeat.
the nurse I saw was lovely and made me feel more positive.
she said even tho they like numbers to double she said 10% of pregnancies have non doubling levels. She said I could just be one of those ladies whos hormones dont make a pattern but go on to have healthy baby :)

I know im not out of the woods yet but for now things are going well and sometimes not everyone has doubling numbers,some people take longer.
Are you having anymore done?

That's such good news for you.! Yes tomorrow and Monday the waiting is killing me. How are along are you?

With dd2 my levels didnt rise every 48 hours prob closer to 72 hours but had bloods every 2 days as had some bleeding,all was fine and she is now a happy 4 year old, good luck huni xxx

I had blood work done with my 1st pregnancy, but that was while I was in hospital having a MC. The pregnancy with my daughter I never had my levels checked, so I can't help :( But I want to send you lots of luck hun xxx

I haven't had my levels checked yet (hopefully next week) but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope everything starts looking more promising with your next readings. :)

Thanks for the post, yes tomorrow morning and then Monday aswell, fingers crossed. Throughly if just get pregnant then everything would be perfect but far from so much worry :(

When are you due?

Sorry for the late reply. I ended up napping and then didn't come back on the laptop.

Keep us updated when you get the results then today. And there is always a lot of worry from the moment you find out you are pregnant to the moment you are in labor and then months to follow. For me I worry the most until 20 week scan.

June 11th, 2015. Hopefully everything will work out and you'll be due within a month of me and we can be bump buddies ^^

Just got my results they were 320. Doc happy how they increasing (even tho not doubled) however Iv desided to not get any more hcg bloods they seemed happy so that's what matters first scan booked for 7 weeks (11nov) xx

I asked why they were happy after saying they need to double she just said they are increasing nicely and my progesterone was 180..
What do you ladies think.. I should relax now? :)

Yes try to relax. I think this is one of those situations where too much information can be a bad thing.

Glad to see your numbers are rising :)
And I agree dont get anymore done,they cause so much stress and worry!!
just relax now and take each day at a time!
im not sure how far along I am cuz both of my scans my sac measured the same even though they was a week apart so I will get a better answer once the embyro is there to measure.
so fingers crossed my next scan shows more progression and a lil heartbeat
time Is going so slow!

Ino right so slow, yes I could have got a scan at 6 weeks but desided not to as I want to for sure hear a heartbeat. So do you think you could be earlier that thought.? Maybe same as me 4.6 weeks.. :)

i wish we could ask for bloods to be done - after having a MC before my DS i feel so anxious this time around. i posted a few days ago about my tests not darkening but it seems it's every 3 days i see a change... FX'd for you hun :)

i wish we could ask for bloods to be done - after having a MC before my DS i feel so anxious this time around. i posted a few days ago about my tests not darkening but it seems it's every 3 days i see a change... FX'd for you hun :)

Thank you, and for you Hun :)

i have a private doc and get early pregnancy montering because my nature is to stress, thought it would release stress knowing I have extra care. You should look into one of your feeling anxious, here in New Zealand it's not that expensive it's actually free to get hcg blood tests. What country to you live in?

i'm in the UK, Scotland. I have an increasing problem with anxiety which i'm working on but the fear of tests not darkening fast enough is enough to put me on edge. hopefully in 2 weeks i will have my booking apt and will get a scan :)

No im further along as my bfp was on 1st october.
and if I got my datea right there two occasions where I got pregnant.
1 would be that im a few days further along and the other would be I got pregnant on holiday and some miracle I got a bfp at 7dpo which seems crazy to me lol.
But my doc told me not to worry about the sac as sacs always measure behind anyway and all that matters is the measurments of baby. So next monday and we shall see :) seems forever away!

Such a scary time! My tests seem to be darkening every 3 days. I hope that's a good sign :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->