• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

hcg number. anxiety.

Lyo28

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm very anxious during early pregnancy due to a few losses. I got a bfp at 12dpo. Cb digital didn't go positive till 14dpo so I was worried that levels were low. Got hcg checked Friday which was 18dpo and it was 438. She said it was on lower range of normal. It does seem low compared to what I see others are. My tests are getting darker though.I'll try to go and get it checked again tomorrow if I can. But until then anyone any idea on how normal 438 is for 18dpo?

Hi all. I'm very anxious during early pregnancy due to a few losses. I got a bfp at 12dpo. Cb digital didn't go positive till 14dpo so I was worried that levels were low. Got hcg checked Friday which was 18dpo and it was 438. She said it was on lower range of normal. It does seem low compared to what I see others are. My tests are getting darker though.I'll try to go and get it checked again tomorrow if I can. But until then anyone any idea on how normal 438 is for 18dpo?

You may have just implanted later, try to relax and not worry. Will the docs be checking this again xx

I hate when practitioners say it's on the low side. Early on it depends so much when implantation occurred. There's a wide range of normal, and it matters more that it's doubling. Are they doing to do another to see how it's rising?

I attached the range values by week. I'd say you're Just fine going by number alone - though petitioners shouldn't go by a single number as it doesn't say much which is why a second should be drawn before making such statements and making people worry.

Attachments

• tmp_24190-Screenshot_20170515-10263189636999.jpg
    tmp_24190-Screenshot_20170515-10263189636999.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 12
This is from beta base, showing the breakdown of reported hcg numbers at 18 dpo. I believe all that are included are those where a heartbeat was detected.

Attachments

• tmp_24190-Screenshot_20170515-103411778206551.jpg
    tmp_24190-Screenshot_20170515-103411778206551.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for that. It seems to be an ok number just maybe not as high as others. I'm trying not to worry. I booked an early scan for next week so hopefully all will be OK. I could go back for second draw if I want but I don't think even if number was good it would give me any reassurance.

Honestly, I'd hold of ob the scan for next week and reconsider the second draw. A second draw would be able to tell you more at this point than a scan as nothing can be seen on the scan this early, other than maybe a thickened lining. Hcg levels have to be so high before a pregnancy can be seen on the scan (1,000 - 2,000). So i think if your levels aren't high enough to see the pregnancy yet, it may cause more worry. I'd definitely schedule the second draw if you feel worried and schedule the scan a little further out to make sure your levels are high enough. They may be high enough by the time you have a scan next week, but with it being so early on, I'd try to schedule it maybe another week out. At most you'd likely only see a gestational sac - fetal pole and heartbeat probaby between 6 and 7 weeks. Some people see that during the 5th week, but it's so hit and miss. With my second, at 6+1 with levels over 20,000, only a sac was seen, nothing else (not even a yolk sac). So it really depends, but i know my anxiety went through the roof until i had a repeat scan 10 days later.

I know it's so hard not to worry at this stage :hugs:

I agree with spunky84 if you possible can try and wait for a scan so you will get more out of it. At the moment a second draw would give you a much better indication of how things are going.
I've wanted to book an early scan for the past few weeks but I'm also scared il go for one and it be too early so there won't be a heartbeat and I'd just worry more. The hospital have scheduled me one for next weds when at the very least il be 7+4 and the most 8+4 so hopefully it will be a better indication.

It's natural to worry chick, good luck x

I had my levels done at 14dpo and it was 60 then 48 hours later it was 198

I know. They only had that date available next week at the clinic and it's the only affordable option near where I live. They are not open the week after and week after that I'll be going on holidays. So it was either that date or wait until after holidays. I will be 6 weeks 3 days. I think there is a chance I could see hb but I know not guaranteed. It was last Friday I was 18dpo and 438. This morning 222dpo I got 3+ on a digital so that means my levelast are around 2500ish. So feeling more confident. My husband is away so not that easy to go to go bloods done with 3 kiddies.

My hospital scan is at 12 to 14 weeks and it's just too long to wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"