HCG numbers at 6-ish weeks.

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
So I had my bloodwork done again yesterday. My results are at 19,670. I was in the 5,000's last Friday. Does this sound good? I'm just keeping my fingers crossed as I'm still light spotting and really hoping this one is a sticky bean!
Thanks girls! :dust: to all!

I'm not good with hcg but I think it's on the lower end for 7days, but I'm not sure. Why did they wait so long to do a 2nd beta? It's normally 48hrs to see if it's doubling or atleast rising close to doubling.

I think you are fine. Beta hcg slows it's doubling time to 72-96 hours once it's in the thousands. So if it was 5000ish last Friday and almost 20000 exactly a week later that puts your doubling time perfectly between 72-96 hours. I wouldn't worry.

Did they check your progesterone level? That could be why you are spotting. If it's low.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
I believe Sophie is right, like I said I'm not sure on hcg levels. Good luck! Thanks for the info Sophie cause I'm waiting on my betas...

After 4 losses sadly I'm a beta pro. I can do that math too quickly now. GL to both of you!

Thank you all for your replies! That definitely helps. They really only checked the first time bc I miscarried last month and I've been spotting. The second time was just to make sure the numbers looked right as I'm still spotting. I'll have to ask my doctor about the progesterone issue.

The higher the HCG level is, the slower it doubles. I'm pretty sure that after 10,000 it is nowhere near doubling every 48 hours. There is also such a wide range of normal. At 5w6d, my HCG was only 7,600-something.

You can use the beta doubling tool on countdown to pregnancy. Just pop in the dates and numbers and it will calculate your doubling for you :). I would get you a link but I am falling asleep. Congrats on your pregnancy!

CTP is down but here you go. Hope that alleviates some worry :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583