HCG numbers

TacoTime

Reaction score
On Jan 14 my numbers were 6481
On Jan 16 my numbers were 9950
On Jan 19 my numbers were 17158

My dr said I could miscarry because they are not doubling, but I would't know for sure until my scan on Feb 5.

Anybody out there know anything about these numbers and if I should/n't be worried?

Thanks!

My doctor wouldn't do anymore hcg tests after my number was over 2000 bc she knows I worry, and said the numbers won't double like they do early on, once they get high. She said she knew I'd be bummed seeing them not doubling, even though it's totally normal. I wouldn't worry yet!

Yah I maybe shouldn't have asked for them to be taken. I have another requisition to get more done tomorrow but I'm wondering if I should just not bother. Thanks

My doctor said it could take up to 56 hours to double, as long as they're rising, try to focus on that.
I have had a horrible time with worry this pregnancy... but What helped me was just being thankful everyday. "Today I am pregnant, today is one more day".

I say ignore them. They are increasing and thats all that matters. There are several ladies on here that have had low and or slow doubling numbers and they are perfectly fine. Don't stress over them.

I think what matters is that they are increasing and by quite a bit. I don't know much, and I think your doctor is obligated (possibly even legally) to provide worst case scenario. Try not to stress hugs

At such high levels it can take 72-96 hours to double:winkwink:

Your levels look great to me:thumbup:

like melfy said once the levels get that high it takes longer and longer for them to double. Your levels are going up nicely so I wouldn't be to worried :)

Your levels are still increasing dramatically. Sometimes I think we know too much and all it does is make us stress. Try to relax what will be well be. There is not alot any of us can do to change things so we might as well enjoy each day that we are pregnant.

It makes me mad doctors keep telling us this when all facts and statics say that HCG after 1200miu will double in 72/96 hours, it's only below 1200miu that it will increase at a faster rate, don't listen to him Hun, them numbers look lovely to me and if you Google hcg beta tests they will tell/explain that takes much longer after a certain amount of HCG xx

I am in the same boat as you. My HCG levels have gone up every 48 hrs but far from doubling
1/14 - 3542
1/16 - 5918
1/18 - 8974
1/20 - 13274
Dr doesn't seem to like these numbers says this could end in an miscarriage. I am terrible and can't wait to see Dr in person for an ultrasound this Friday.
Has anyone had such slow increase and progressed to have a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks everyone for your replies - yes, I saw on a couple of websites that after 6000 it can take up to/over 96 hours to double - you guys seem to know more than my GP! I'm not going to worry about it and I'm going to stop asking for my bloods to be taken - I think it just stresses me out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->