HCG Result

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I had my HCG level checked yesterday, but apparently the result is still not available on the system even though they've been received (grrrrr). However she could tell me the "overall serum result" (I *think*) - is that what I'm looking for or something different?

Also, I have my second test tomorrow. I know that after 6 weeks levels may not double every 48 hours, but what kind of rise should I expect if everything is well?

If everything isn't all well, would there be a rise at all, or a small rise, ect..?

I ask this because I had an early scan this week after some bleeding, and embryo seemed small.

Thank you xx

I'm not sure how yours works, but I have kaiser. Qualitative (yes or no) can be viewed online, but quantitative (beta, #) has to be emailed to you by your physician. You can call and the advice nurse can tell you the number, but they are not allowed to interpret it for you. I imagine this is so women don't prematurely freak out over their levels or self diagnose. Shrugs. I would ask them to tell you the overall. Your gyn might have run other blood tests. But she'll give you the result to something lol

Countdown to pregnancy has a great doubling tool and tells you average doubling for different hcg levels

The way HCG numbers are reported can be really confusing as I just experienced. At a certain point in the first trimester (the 10 week test used for the nuchal translucency screening) you don't actually want to be in the high end of the range, but I think that tests for free-HCG not total. The units are sometimes reported as IU/L or mIU/mL which are the same but seem different or maybe MoM which is a way of comparing your values to the median meaning that 1.0 is optimal. In other words, if you are able to google the range that fits your gestational age and it seems to correlate, great, but don't freak out if it doesn't - - wait for the doctor's interpretation.

Once levels are over 6000miu/l doubling can be over 96 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->