Hcg started slow but is getting better- but worried

City07

Reaction score
My hcg levels started out low and slowly rose. It actually dipped and then continued to rise again. Last Monday I would've been about 6wks and it was 287. Doc wanted me to come in on Wednesday because she was afraid I was having an ectopic pregnancy. At the scan on Wednesday she saw a small gestational sac in my uterus measuring at 5wks. My hcg went up to 514 on Wednesday. I have another scan tomorrow.

Do you think I have any chance? My doc was shocked I haven't miscarried by now.

It does seem strange that the levels are rising so slowly. Good luck for your scan :hugs:

Did the sac have a fetal pole or at least a yolk sac? I only ask because they can't rule out an ectopic until they see something in the sac. It's common in ectopics for the body to create a pseudo sac in response to the pregnancy hormones. I very much hope you have a viable pregnancy but as the previous poster said it's rare to have levels that do what yours have done. The dipping at one point is the main concern I would think. Sometimes levels are slow to rise and normal pregnancies still happen but you're overall level is low for where you are and the fact that it dipped at one point is very unusual. Fingers crossed for you and take care of yourself!

I had a little hope going into the scan today only because we had transferred three embryos. Was hoping the strange levels had to do with one embryo falling off and one implanting late. However, scan showed the sac at the same size as last week so I'm stopping meds. Doc didn't see anything in my tubes so I'm not sure what was going on. Checked my hcg levels again see will find those out tomorrow. Regardless, it doesn't look like a viable pregnancy and doc was confused regarding my levels. She said usually you don't see a sac until hcg levels are at 1000 and when she saw one last week my levels were only 514. I don't like not understanding what's going on:(
Thank you for your input.

I got my results from my beta the day they did the last ultrasound. It went up to 1641. I'm going to request another beta for Thursday. I just wish if I was going to miscarry that my body would do it. Getting this number makes me think there's still a chance. I don't know what to think.

I hope you get the best outcome possible :hugs:

My HCG did weird things when I was pregnant with my ectopic baby. Sometimes it would rise slowly, sometimes it would actually double like it was supposed to, then it would dip and start to rise again.

Unfortunately there's an increased risk of ectopics with IVF as well so hopefully they are keeping a close eye on you. The erratic hcg levels are a worrisome sign :-(

Following this thread!! Hoping this is a miracle pregnancy!!

Doc said we didn't need to do anymore hcg tests and would just do ultrasounds. I'll update you on Wednesday after appointment if nothing happens before then. Realistically I assume it's a blighted ovum but I guess we'll see:)

I was not the exception in this story:( AF arrived today. Just wanted to let you all know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"