hcg starting to taper @ 5wks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Tigerlilies, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Tigerlilies

Tigerlilies Mom2three

Hello ladies. Excuse the paranoia but I've MC twice before and had a chemical. Had my hcg levels checked 13dpo and it was 166, 3 days later it was 919 (450% increase), 4 days later it went up to 3,699 (300% increase plus there was an extra day before testing). It's still increasing at great levels I know, but I expected within the first week of testing it still would increase by 400% especially with that extra day in between. Do you think this means anything?

2. Mama627

Mama627 Mom & Preggo w/ #2

No, I don't think it means anything. At some point hcg levels off and even starts to drop. Is your doctor concerned?

3. pickle85

pickle85 Guest

I don't know anything about HCG levels other than mine were 34,000 at 6 ish weeks, sorry can't help Hun but im sure someone on here will have info for u.

4. Tigerlilies

Tigerlilies Mom2three

I only talked with the nurse and she didn't really say much, just that it could fluctuate.

5. kelly89

kelly89 Well-Known Member

Aslong as there double'n every 2-3 days then thats all that matters. Its not the actual numbers themselves that are important but the rate in which they increase, Good luck x

6. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

Double or close every 2 -3 days is great. When they get above 2000 they start to slow

7. Tigerlilies

Tigerlilies Mom2three

Thanks little! I was hoping someone would be able to provide a fact like that. That makes me feel better!

8. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

9. Tigerlilies

Tigerlilies Mom2three

Thanks Miel! I hope you're doing well!