• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HCG still not at zero...

roseanne

Reaction score
Hi -- I've been away from here for a while, but I thought I should give an update: after my precautionary trip to the emergency room November 30th to remove the big hunk of tissue hanging out of my cervix that was apparently the putrefying lining (not to be graphic or anything - you can check my last post if you want more details!), I spotted and spotted forever, finally it ended on December 11th. I just got a call from the nurse telling me that my HCG level was down from around 270 on the 30th to 18 on Friday (the 11th). That's sure close to zero, and now that the bleeding has stopped I'm betting that it will be zero when I have blood drawn again this Friday. I'm sort of surprised they want to check again, but I guess they want to know you've got a clean slate.

So this miscarriage has taken almost 8 weeks to resolve. I was only pregnant for 4 or 5.

i was told i could try again straight away, i had medical miscariage on sunday and my hcg levels had dropped but only to the 1000 range.
does it matter?
xx

^^ can you ovulate if you still have HCG in your body? i thought i read it had to be zero again before a new ovulation occurred?

well i'm not sure, but i was told me your most fertile after giving birth or miscarriage,
plus another midwife said i can try again without waiting for AF so surely she wouldn't say that if theres no chance?
*shrugs* i'm not sure though.

yes, it's true your fertile before the first AF arrives after MC
but i'm quite sure your HCG levels need to be at zero first, then ovulation occurs
bc the HCG indicates to your body it's pregnant and it stops a new eggo from developping

^^ can you ovulate if you still have HCG in your body? i thought i read it had to be zero again before a new ovulation occurred?

No you cant ovulate with HCG in your body. When you bleed either as a result of MC or ERPC this is hypothetically classed as your "AF" and then you should ovulate normally or not normally as some do !!!

My levels have always been at 0 after miscarriages before I have ovulated x

well i'm not sure, but i was told me your most fertile after giving birth or miscarriage,
plus another midwife said i can try again without waiting for AF so surely she wouldn't say that if theres no chance?
*shrugs* i'm not sure though.

Being fertile after Miscarriage is a misconception i think as there are some ladies who have conceived right after a MC and some who are still waiting months later !

You can try again as soon as the bleeding from the MC stops becuase potentially this is classed as AF as soon as your HCG drops to 0 your body will gear up to ovulate and have a cycle as normal.

Hi - well, still waiting for the results on the blood I had drawn today, but in the meantime I've had a bit of blood in my cervical mucus this week. I think I ovulated near the beginning of the week (based on my BBT), and the blood is still there. Any ideas what that's about?

Actually, it is possible to ovulate with HCG in your system. After my missed m/c and 2 D&C's in March 2006 I was monitored very closely due to several complications that followed. My HCG level never went down to zero before I became pregnant again within about 4 weeks of my loss.

I'm not saying it is common, just that it can happen.

In fact, if you research you can find cases of women who became pregnant with a child while already pregnant with another, known as superfetation. In fact my mom's friend was pregnant with twins and at about 12 weeks became pregnant with a third child. She had several scans/tests to prove this. Sadly she did lose the third baby, but it just goes to show you it can happen.Apparently there have only been about 10 known cases in the world.

Hi hun, sorry to hear you are having problems, I really feel for you as I went through similar earlier in the year, it took 16 weeks & some additional medical help for me to get to zero & I only went as far as 12 weeks with the pregnancy! (baby died at about 10w)

I started ovulating again with a HCG of 30 ish (I got stuck at 30 & it then started to rise again very slowly) but my cycles were a bit all over the place.
Things got back to normal properly after I'd had one AF with normal HCG (my normal reading is just under 2)

I also passed the chunks you describe (one got stuck in my cervix too!) & some more tiny bits came out with my next AF after I passed them. I think I passed them at around the time my HCG went to zero, so it may be a sign of something :)

I would definitely wait for an AF before trying if it were me, just so your body can get rid of any other odd bits of womb lining & start afresh with a nice new lining in a few weeks

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"