HCG trigger- missed the deadline?

odelay770

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me as I've driven myself crazy for the last 18 hours...

My situation: I took femara for CD 5-9, and I just injected myself with an HCG trigger yesterday, day 13. Problem is I normally ovulated early (CD 10 or so). When I went for my monitoring bloodwork, the nurse told me that I was being to have a LH surge, so my timing would be perfect for the HCG. I had taken an OPK that morning and got a positive, but I heard the femara can do that (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So I gave myself the trigger slightly earlier than I was told (I checked with the nurse and she said it was okay- it was supposed to between 6p-9p, but I have night classes so I did it at 4:30p). My H and I are supposed to BD tonight (Wed), Friday and Sunday.

Welp, in class I got the sharpest pain on my right side, the side of my dominant follicle. I assume it actually popped right then, and I don't know if this has happened to anyone.

Last night I saw a very small amount of ewcm; usually I do get a lot but this has been a pretty dry month (but I heard the femara can do that). I had a LOT of problems injecting myself for the first time, and neither my H or I could manage to get in the mood to try last night. According to the schedule the RE gave us, no worries. But it REALLY feels as though we missed the boat. My bbts are ALL OVER THE MAP, and again I attribute that to the meds.

So my final question, I guess, is whether a lack of ewcm after the HCG trigger (or even a small amount and then nothing) means we're out this month. I'm really not used to ovulating so late and perhaps my body was like "Screw you and your shot."

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

:wacko:

I reckon you should stop worrying. If the nurse says its okay, then it should be all right. I know its hard to believe the nurse, but its the best way.

I'm sure I'm should. This is my first real medicated cycle (we tried a few years back but the stress prevented is from trying) and I feel so helpless. Charting and OPKs haven't worked in the past, but leaving it completely up to someone else to decide things feels foreign and weird. Thanks for the advice though!

I was on femara for six months and only got a positive opk when I was actually ready to ovulate. It can make your cycles go longer so the later positive in your cycle is nothing to worry about. I'm sure you're fine. Good luck!

Thanks! The husband and I BD'd a couple days before the injection so hopefully between that and the BD'ing we were instructed to do (an emailed instruction list is an AWESOME aphrodisiac, btw) we are doing fine. In the meantime I will try to relax. I like femara- a couple of years ago I had a cycle of clomid and my body did not react well- visual disturbances and what not. This time was absolutely fine.

Hi Ladies! I'm on 50u Gonal F injectibles and I go in for BW/US every 3-4 days. Right now I'm CD 12. I usually ovulate around CD17 so I have some time to go before my IUI. Hopefully with all this extra monitoring I won't miss my chance. So far I feel quite well on the injectibles. I tried clomid 100mg and I went through crazy hot flashes, constipation, and mood swings! With the Gonal F, I have mild abdominal tenderness and occasional tiredness. I pray that this is my month! Anyone else going through the same?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1444021200z0z30z14.png

Hi Ladies! I'm on 50u Gonal F injectibles and I go in for BW/US every 3-4 days. Right now I'm CD 12. I usually ovulate around CD17 so I have some time to go before my IUI. Hopefully with all this extra monitoring I won't miss my chance. So far I feel quite well on the injectibles. I tried clomid 100mg and I went through crazy hot flashes, constipation, and mood swings! With the Gonal F, I have mild abdominal tenderness and occasional tiredness. I pray that this is my month! Anyone else going through the same?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1444021200z0z30z14.png

Good luck!

I wish you luck! If I'm not harboring a little one this month, we're moving on to IUI and most likely injectibles. Hope you're still feeling fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->