He can't make a decision and it's driving me mad!

penniepie

Reaction score
At first it was humorus and now it's plain frustrating and I'm going to loose it on my husband!
His answer to everything is i don't know!!!!!
What do you want for dinner?
What movie do you want to see?
What color do you like for this room?
WTF!!!!!! I'm getting angry

And now the worst part is he likes ones name "Colin" ofcourse he can't think of another but he can sure tell you what he doesn't like! Now that being said I love the name too. So you are thinking this is great! WRONG ! Ask him if it's the name and he says I dont know! And I'm tired of telling him other names cause it gets us no where!

He will not commit! Now I know we have a lot of time but I guarantee you it's better I'm going through this now then sitting in the hospital because he will be the same way!

I'm so annoyed
I want to get things made with his name on it and I can't because I'm getting the run around!

So you know it's not nerves it's not new dad syndrome he is like this with everything!
Help!

I'm about to day screw it this is his name and that's that!

Oh wow that must be frustrating.

There's nothing worse than when someone won't give you bloody input. It's like when you're out with mates and ask what they fancy doing/fancy eating "i'm not bothered"....."ok, how about blah blah"...."ohhh no I don't want to do that/I don't want to eat there"......"THEN GIVE ME SOME BLOODY INPUT THEN!".

Count to 1000 :winkwink:

My husband is the exact same way! He won't make a decision if his life depended on it. But then he gets frustrated if I make it and it's not what he wants... now I've just said before I ask "I'm not picking so it's your turn" and eventually if you don't pick long enough he'll come up with a decision.

lol i had a BF that did that for ages i got so sick of it i told him i would make all the decisions and that if he didnt like it then he didnt have the right to complain unless he had put in his imput before the choice was made

Haha! So glad I'm not alone!!!!
I'm going to just have to tell him u like the name I like the name we agree and THATS his name!

DH is the same way! Even when he does make a decision on something, I can usually be sure its not the final decision either. And he's also a jokester, so the only names he contributed were him just being silly. Basically, I picked a name that he didn't hate and we're going with it. And with nursery decisions, I have so far picked out things I like, and if doesn't hate it, then we go with it.

Good plan! I like that "if he doesn't hate it go with it"

Maybe he's afraid of insane pregnancy hormones and saying the wrong thing?
:shrug:

Ugh I've had 5years of this. My OH is a man of few words. Its like geting blood out of a stone.

I feel ya :)

My husband is the same way!

When I ask him what he wants for dinner... he usually says 'he doesn't care'... sometimes he will give as much input as, "Why don't you go pick something up?" And then he gets frustrated because I don't automatically choose what he actually wants. I often do the "I don't care what we have. Just make/get whatever," and then refuse to say anything more about food until he gets completely frustrated and makes his own decision.

I really hate it when he tells me to make a decision, and then when I do, he disagrees with it or hates it. Like when I painted our son's nursery yellow. He said I could paint it whatever color I wanted. So I painted it yellow. He walks in, looks around and says, "Yuck. I hate yellow." Well then, you should have said I can paint it any color I want, EXCEPT YELLOW! :growlmad:

We had similar problems with names. If you really can't get him to commit to one, I'd say just go order something with the name Colin on it, and if he asks what its all about say, "Oh... I thought we had decided that this was the name we were going with?"

Thats so funny aley.

My OH said I can pick babys name :wacko:, I'd like a bit of input but he has none, hes too laid back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"