He committed to the first step, but...

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
Quick background info:
DH had a vasectomy prior to meeting me. He is 36, I am 25. Our wedding is going to be in June 2013, and I highly doubt he will make any move to get it reversed until after that.

However! The other night we were talking and he let me know he DOES understand that I really want to have a baby of my own (he has 2 kids already, they come over every other weekend)... he said next year, maybe about a year before the wedding, we will at least make the appointment with his doctor to see what the various options are for us. :happydance: So that is good, nice and reassuring to know he is at least thinking about it.

I wonder though, does anyone know what they might say? As far as what the chances might be if the VR is successful?

Wow, hun, I really wish I had some advice for you, but I don't. :hugs: I don't know anyone who's had a VR, but it's a good sign that your future DH is willing to at least explore your options together.

I don't know anything on the topic first hand, but Mayo Clinic says: "After successful vasectomy reversal, sperm are again present and you may be able to get your partner pregnant. Vasectomy reversal works for most men, but for some men vasectomy reversal isn't successful."

They have some more info (re: your options) under the "Results" link.

Thanks for your support ladies, and the info!! <3

I've heard of them being successfully reversed! I hope everything works out well!

Hey hun dont want to put a dampner on this but just a little advice. OK so m cousin married a lovely man 6 years ago who also had 2 children from a previous marriage. They then got married and he had his vascetomy reversed. They tried for around 4 years to get pregnant however unsuccessful. She ended up leaving him due to not being able to have children and now has a wee boy to another man. I think you need to consider what if it doesnt work. Will you be happy in a relationship with no children. I should also add they were not eligible for IVF due to him already having 2 children and a vascetom. I hope things work out for u both :)

Hi hun, my OH had his vasectomy reversed in feb this year 6 years after vasectomy, dont be disheartened but we had SA done last month and came back with no sperm present, however he has to have a re-test in aug as it can take up to 6 months to come through. Dont let my story get you down as there are plenty of women who are pregnant after their partner had a vas reversal, but i will warn you its quite pricey and they wont do it on the NHS.
Also if all else fails they should be able to do ICSI with sperm retrieval as men still produce sperm but just not in the ejaculate again this is very pricey so i would start saving now!! Good luck hun and hope your partner does go through with it for you x

My aunt and uncle are pregnant with number 2 after his Vasectomy reversal.

If you want a celebrity spin on it Chuck Norris and his wife had twins after his reversal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->