He loves to eat... and hate his milk!

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by missjess, Sep 27, 2008.

1. missjess

missjess Mummy of a prince

Josh much rather eat than drink his milk. What he does now is he doesn't drink his milk even when he's hungry. He will moan and cry and then I'll just show him one of his spoon and he'll start smiling and being all happy! :dohh:

He just wants food ! He'll take a bit of milk but no more than 20oz a day. This is surely not enough is it?

2. BurtonBaby

BurtonBaby Well-Known Member

Erica is much less interested in her milk as well. I just limit the solids that she is getting since her main nourishment should still be from milk at this age. Do you offer milk before the solids? And I dunno if you mix his cereal with milk or water, but its an easy way to sneak another bit of milk into their diet. I think most babies just prefer solids, and Josh will probably be an easy baby to switch over to cows milk down the road.
    Xx

3. missjess

Yeah he always gets his milk first & I mix cereals with milk. But he still gets overexcited when he see the little spoon!!!

4. ColtonsMom

ColtonsMom Well-Known Member

LOL. Colton used to be like that. Now, when I'm feeding him he wants to play and look around, then when he gets ready for his next bite he will face me and sit there with his mouth open. :dohh:

I'm sure it will be okay as long as he is getting his 20oz, and sneaking the extra bits in there always helps.
    Colton used to moan for food sometimes and when I tried giving him a bottle he would refuse it. He outgrew it though and now takes both, very happily.

5. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Weaning baby should be taking a minimum of 17oz :D We can be lucky to get to that lol!

He getting plenty of foods?

6. missjess

Yeah he his now. I give him 3 tiny meals a day and a rusk in the afternoon as a snack (never eat it all) So he gets 1/2 fruits puree in the morning around 11am, a rusk around 3pm, 1/2 veggies for dinner around 6pm and cereals (2oz) around 9:30 pm. On top of that he gets his milk.

7. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Ok stupid question but what are rusks ?

8. Deise

Deise Well-Known Member

Im looking at the food guide from my Dr and at Josh's age, he should still be at about 30oz of formula a day in addition to his meals.

9. missjess

Cereals cookies! Deise, I know. He just doesn't want to drink more! :dohh:

10. Deise

Deise Well-Known Member

Then if he continues to thrive and gain weight, you're probably ok... Have you introduced water yet to ensure adequate fluid intake?

11. Newt

Newt tiny amphibious salamanda

here here

:rofl:

I rely heavily on the fact that Oscar loves his fisrt bottle (get a lot in there) and his night night bottle, I do try to get a large bottle in at 3 in the afternoon too, but I know he would rather eat :dohh:

12. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

Well,your baby told you what he wants so just follow him. Give him solids.They are much yummier to him now than milk. But beware....with solids comes REALLY stinky poops!!!

13. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

Jack is exactly the same, so I am having to make up his cereal with milk instead of water, & sometimes I add baby rice to the vegetable purees so I can get a little more milk in there (& we sometimes find them too runny!) He normally drinks approx 4oz, 5 times a day, so there is 20oz & I add maybe 4more oz to his food too - I can't do any more, he just LOVES his food!!!:blush: