He loves to eat... and hate his milk!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Josh much rather eat than drink his milk. What he does now is he doesn't drink his milk even when he's hungry. He will moan and cry and then I'll just show him one of his spoon and he'll start smiling and being all happy! :dohh:

He just wants food ! He'll take a bit of milk but no more than 20oz a day. This is surely not enough is it?

Erica is much less interested in her milk as well. I just limit the solids that she is getting since her main nourishment should still be from milk at this age. Do you offer milk before the solids? And I dunno if you mix his cereal with milk or water, but its an easy way to sneak another bit of milk into their diet. I think most babies just prefer solids, and Josh will probably be an easy baby to switch over to cows milk down the road.
Xx

Erica is much less interested in her milk as well. I just limit the solids that she is getting since her main nourishment should still be from milk at this age. Do you offer milk before the solids? And I dunno if you mix his cereal with milk or water, but its an easy way to sneak another bit of milk into their diet. I think most babies just prefer solids, and Josh will probably be an easy baby to switch over to cows milk down the road.
Xx

Yeah he always gets his milk first & I mix cereals with milk. But he still gets overexcited when he see the little spoon!!!

LOL. Colton used to be like that. Now, when I'm feeding him he wants to play and look around, then when he gets ready for his next bite he will face me and sit there with his mouth open. :dohh:

I'm sure it will be okay as long as he is getting his 20oz, and sneaking the extra bits in there always helps.
Colton used to moan for food sometimes and when I tried giving him a bottle he would refuse it. He outgrew it though and now takes both, very happily.

Weaning baby should be taking a minimum of 17oz :D We can be lucky to get to that lol!

He getting plenty of foods?

Weaning baby should be taking a minimum of 17oz :D We can be lucky to get to that lol!

He getting plenty of foods?

Yeah he his now. I give him 3 tiny meals a day and a rusk in the afternoon as a snack (never eat it all) So he gets 1/2 fruits puree in the morning around 11am, a rusk around 3pm, 1/2 veggies for dinner around 6pm and cereals (2oz) around 9:30 pm. On top of that he gets his milk.

Im looking at the food guide from my Dr and at Josh's age, he should still be at about 30oz of formula a day in addition to his meals.

here here

:rofl:

I rely heavily on the fact that Oscar loves his fisrt bottle (get a lot in there) and his night night bottle, I do try to get a large bottle in at 3 in the afternoon too, but I know he would rather eat :dohh:

Well,your baby told you what he wants so just follow him. Give him solids.They are much yummier to him now than milk. But beware....with solids comes REALLY stinky poops!!!

Jack is exactly the same, so I am having to make up his cereal with milk instead of water, & sometimes I add baby rice to the vegetable purees so I can get a little more milk in there (& we sometimes find them too runny!) He normally drinks approx 4oz, 5 times a day, so there is 20oz & I add maybe 4more oz to his food too - I can't do any more, he just LOVES his food!!!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->