He started walking last week and just had a terrible fall, i feel so upset :-(

pocketsize44

Reaction score
My little boy is 12 and a half months and started walking last week. Well toddling..... He can walk across the room, and then when he gets to his destination he gives himself a little clap, sooooo cute!!
He also started giving out kisses as well, which just makes my heart melt.

Well this morning, I was dropping him off at his Nanna's house and popped him on the driveway in his wellies while i got his bag out. He walked towards me for a kiss and suddenly just fell, but instead of going on to his bum, he feel forward and banged his head on the driveway.
When i picked him up he was crying and his face was covered in mud, when i wiped his face i saw a bump on his forehead with a cut, a cut under his nose and he also has a fat lip.
I just cried and cried, poor little thing.
He has taken it so well, and is back to himself (this happened 3 hours ago). He has had plenty of food and drink and has played as normal. He has now gone to sleep.
Anyway, do you guys think he seems ok, he has been fine for 3 hours........
I just feel so guilty was i silly to let him walk on concrete, he has been so good. He had his wellies on so i am wondering if they didn't help.

My OH really shouted at me and said he was disgusted with me for being so stupid, that really made things worse. I feel terrible.

Sorry that was a long post, just needed to get it off my chest.

Dont feel bad accidents happen!!!
It wasnt your fault!!
As for you OH just ignore him!!
X

dont feel bad my zack used to fall all the time and still does and he is 6 he manged to climb a wall last year fall off and split his head open he was in a righht mess.

it happens all the time he will be fine dont feel bad

It wasn't your fault, I'm glad he is ok.

I think your OH reacted out of worry and fear. He does owe you an apology though.

dont blame yourself, these things happen all the time. the fact you cried and are worried shows you are a good mummy.
your oh was out of order though :hugs:

Don't feel bad, it was just an accident and we can wrap our LOs up in as much cotton wool as we want but it'll still happen xx

Falls happen all the time. It's one of the things about parenting that I hate. You can't have your hands beneath him to catch him every second of his life. They happen and it will happen again. Especially as he's just getting his footing and learning to walk. My son falls constantly. I just closely monitor him after he's hit his head. If he's acting normal and eating and playing, then I would think that he's ok. I watch for vomiting, change in demeanor, and just anything out of the ordinary with him. And i usually try to keep him awake for a few hours after just to make sure hes Ok. Their little heads are actually pretty resilient but I always keep a close watch after a bump on the head. It's the most heartwrenching feeling when they get hurt, but it's not your fault. It just happens. But you can't protect him from every bump or bruise. They're part of toddlerhood. Sounds like you're doing a great job. Hugs and kisses, hun.

Thankyou ladies for all your lovely replies, you have made me feel so much better. And my little Jack is his normal happy playful self so that makes me happy too.
I just feel so upset that OH said that to me, I absolutely dote on my little boy, he is my whole world. Everything he does makes me so proud and I would just die for him, so to be told that he is hurt because of my stupidity really really hurt.

Anyway I must get over it as I can't spend the evening arguing or upset with my OH as Jack would pick up on that, and thats not fair on him!

Thankyou again ladies for making me feel better xx

:hugs: Hugs Mama..... this is the first of many to come. My son has had a lump on his noggin from the time he started walking until.... well who am I fooling he still does. Last week he ran head first into a tree. :dohh: He is 3, and it has been a constant. lol I would tell OH to get used to it, and that it was not your fault. My little man has had goose eggs, rug burn, road rash, etc. for 2+ years. In order to stop it, I would have to keep him in a rubber room. He is full of energy and enthusiasm. Accidents are going to happen. :hugs:

I can understand that your OH was upset but it is really insensitive of him to say that to you! It's just an accident, you did nothing wrong at ALL. At some point he had to walk on concrete for the first time.

Hope he feels better soon hun, don't beat yourself up about it (easier said than done, I know!) xx

Aww it's not your fault hunni :hugs: I'm glad your little man is okay, we take these things far worse than they do try not to blame yourself, your oh certainly shouldn't have :( x

this is going to happen to all of us...lots! your oh should apologize...that was mean

try not to beat yourself up about it! you will have many more trust me! its impossibly to wrap them up in cotton wool and keep them from every injury. I cant beleive you OH got angry at you! there isnt anything you could have done!. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->