Head control question.

Twister

Reaction score
Just a little worried about LO's head control. She can hold her head up when we prop her up into a sitting position but it still seems like her head is too heavy for her, still a bit wobbly and after a while she will let it drop forward iykwim, she can lift it again but not for long. We do tummy time most days and she does really well at supporting her head and can look at toys that are put in front of her etc. Although she can roll front to back now so most of the time just rolls straight over.

It's just that I see other babies of the same age looking like they're holding their heads perfectly (i know, comparing is bad!) and it worries me that LO hasn't got to that stage yet, although I'm noticing improvement every week.

When should a baby be able to support its head fully without being wobbly? Sorry if I'm not making much sense, LO was up at 5:45 this morning wanting to play.

Im sure she's fine, Hun. I read that there's only reason for concern if babies don't hold their heads steady by 5-6 months. Apart from tummy time, have you tried putting Jessica on her back and slowly pull her up to a sitting position before easing her back down? This is another exercise to strengthen LO's neck muscles.

Thanks ill try that. She can hold her head, just doesn't seem as sturdy as other babies around her age. Think I'm just being a paranoid mummy!

I think she sounds fine. Im sure with my LO it all happened quite suddenly. He never really liked tummy time that much, but here now at 7 months he is crawling backwards, which itself is quite funny to watch.

Try not to compare, im sure your LO is doing things other babies arent as well.

My baby's about the same age as yours and holds his head pretty well... BUT he hasn't even made an attempt at rolling yet. We can be paranoid together, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->