Head has been pounding more than 12 hours...

YikesBaby

Reaction score
Any suggestions?? I feel like my head is going to explode. :sad2:

Mine has been like that since Monday. It is ok to take a tylenol. Google it though. I know certain ingredients are not ok for pain killers, but my GYN said if get a headache I can and should take a tylenol since it's not good to suffer through it as it causes my body stress which causes the baby stress. I have a pregnant woman's survival kit. The meds have been reviewed by the American Pregnancy Association as safe. I'm still wary of any meds, pregnant or not. So I've just been sitting a lot and resting and trying to stay hydrated. Even water now makes me sick.
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...nancy-and-nursing/1020167950?Keyword=survival

What is your water intake? Water really makes everything better. Unless you're not able to stomach it right now. My RE said fluids are more important than food at this point. I would also take some acetaminophen. Especially after 12 hours! Headaches are my biggest symptom. They're no fun, I'm sorry!!

Mine too. Trying tons of stuff. Heat cold stretch neck pulling on head hitting base skull. Nothing working. Tylenol crap. Following. Hope you get rid of it soon

i had this the other week lasted for days hugs hun i think paracetmol is fine thats what i took x

I had this my consultant said dehydration tea is no good it doesn't hydrate you squash or water x

I had it for 3 days even woke up with it :-( scared me

What is your water intake? Water really makes everything better. Unless you're not able to stomach it right now. My RE said fluids are more important than food at this point. I would also take some acetaminophen. Especially after 12 hours! Headaches are my biggest symptom. They're no fun, I'm sorry!!

I agree with AJR14 regarding water. I had a terrible throbbing headache one day after work and just laid in the bath and went to bed when I got home. My best friend said she got them when she didn't have a lot of water when pregnant, and I didn't have much water that day.

Another day I started to get a headache around lunchtime and noticed I'd only had a couple sips of water for the morning. I chugged a fair bit and was good within an hour or two.

I make sure I have 1.5-2 litres of water each day and I don't get the headaches.

Yours couple be different, but it might help?

Good luck!

I had a throbbing headache for 3 days last week. I was in tears at work & ended up having to tell them I was pregnant. It was honestly the worst headache I've ever had, so I can understand your pain & frustration right now.

I just tried drinking lots more water and just slept and rested when I could. It eventually went away. It was awful :(

I also had a bad headache yesterday but I just rested and after a good nights sleep, I've woken up without it today and have been on top of the water situation today to try and stop it coming again. Hope you feel some relief soon. I really do feel for you x

Essential oils are the only thing that helped me. Deep blue and peppermint were my saving grace.

You can use independently or together. I used both because I had them. Peppermint oil alone should definitely help. Hope you get some relief soon!

Mine did resolve over night. But need back up for future ones

Thanks ladies... that was BRUTAL. Ache ended up in my head, back and hips to the point I couldn't get out of bed. Then top it off with a fever!!

Fever broke last night and although head isn't perfect I feel massively better. I am going to go out and get some peppermint oil and increase my water intake stat!

you must of had a little bad bug with all that going on.. glad you feel better.. i am excited(not for a headache) to try the peppermint oil next time as well,

This is going to sound like a crazy migraine remedy but it works. Brain freeze yourself. A brain freeze rushes blood to your head to warm the freezing palate and by doing so it soothes the migraine. Don't believe me? Just try it. I blend ice and water together and chug the water as fast as I can. Good luck. I get migraines so bad I would end up in the hospital during pregnancy but now that I have this remedy it has been a life saver.

If you get too dehydrated it can cause fever and migraines.

This just happened to me the other day. I had this lingering headache for 3 days. Tylenol did NOTHING. My friend said her dr. told her to try a glass of coke....I tried it and it worked!!! Don't worry, it's just 1 glass so the caffeine will be fine.

Coke will be my new tylenol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->