Headache - any ideas?

P

pinkmummy

I have been getting headaches REALLY bad since last Sunday. I have never suffered with headaches and it just came on last Sunday.

Anyway I went to the doctors on Thursday and she said it sounds like tension headaches.

She told me to go the opticians to get my eyes checked again in case I had the wrong prescription ... went on Thursday and they said everythings fine. So I now have a blood test booked for Monday :cry:

Does anyone know of any ways to help this?

Last Sunday I took 2 paracetamol and they didnt do anything. 4 hours later I took 2 30mg coedine and they didnt do anything either :cry: I'm just so fed up of them

Aww i know how you feel.I rarely had headaches until i was pregnant with ellie.I suffered with them all through the pregnancy but had no morning sickness so i think they replaced that.Lol anyway i had been fine after having ellie except for the last 6 months or so where i have been having them on a regular basis.On a bad week i will get them 4 or 5 times a week.I think they are more like migraines as they are so painful and my the pain is right behind my eyes as well as my forehead.Also(slightly off topic) in the last couple of weeks,if i go out shopping,whether it be xmas shopping or food shopping(so sometimes not walking for long) that night i will get really bad leg aches.Infact they are so bad i feel like crying,can't sleep etc.Right behind my knees,down my shin and in my ankles.So i'm just one big achey pain really.:'(
I don't know what else to suggest as pain relief does nothing for me either,but whenever i get the headaches, i take my hair down if its in a pony tail,have a bath to try and relax,take pain killers in the hope they'll work(ibuprofen) and just generally rest because when i stand up when i get these headaches,i feel like my head is going to explode and its an awful feeling.A cold flannel can sometimes help if you can't sleep due to the pain.x

Have you tried the kool and soothe strips hun. I buy them from Boots and find them fantastic.
https://www.kobayashihealthcare.com/koolnsoothe/
x

I've had those before hun never thought about using them
actaully. Think I'll be popping into town tomorrow and getting some!

I just had a bath and noticed it helped but mow it's back again x

It def sounds like tension headaches I get them really bad! It could be refered pain from your neck or shoulders due to tension! Maybe go to the osteopath to have your neck checked? And until you can go try alternating hot and cold on the back of your neck! Def make a appiontment withbthe osteopath IRS about 30pound or less but it always gets rid of my headache! X

migraines? i get them and blurry vision with blue flashes in my eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->