Headaches?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by dom85, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

Is anyone else suffering from headaches? My mw said that they would pass but I'm still getting them almost everyday, especially at work at the computer although this has never been a problem before.

I don't like taking tablets at the best of times, but especially now, I'm more reluctant to put anything like that into my body even if paracetamol is supposed to be OK.

2. CatStorey

CatStorey Mum to Chloe and Tom :)

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have had a constant headache for 3 days now and although I took some paracetomol on the first day (didn't help) I'm too worried to take anymore, I just don't want to risk any harm to the baby.

I also work in front of a computor in an office with really harsh lighting so today I am wearing my sunglasses!! Its actually helping alot although everyone thinks I look soooo stupid!!!

3. tillymum

tillymum New mom

I get a lot of headaches and migranes too, unfortunately it's caused by all the hormones. I only take paracetamol if it turns into a migrane and gets unbearable.

I find going for a walk and getting fresh air helps, also pulling blinds and wearing sunglasses and having a lie down for an hr or two when I get home from work.

I wear contact lenses and am off to the opticians this wk to get new glasses as I think if I start to wear glasses more often it will help!

4. Loubylou

Loubylou 2nd Tri with baby #3

I was really suffering with this last week - seems to be improving a bit now.

A lot of people I spoke to said it was fairly common, and the best solution is plenty of water I think.

I did find that a long overdue trip to the gym helped me too, which reassured me it wasn't a blood pressure thing!

Hope you feel better soon!

:hug:

5. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

I went through a phase of getting them nearly every day for about 2 or 3 weeks. Now they seem to have eased off a bit (touch wood!). All I'd suggest is drink a lot of water, try to not get hungry as I find mine are worse when my blood sugar drops, and also try to get as much sleep as you can as I'm definitely more prone to headaches when I'm tired. Other stuff that helps is trying not to stare at a PC too much, even if your eyesight is fine this does affect you right now, and try to get some exercise if you can. Going for a short walk at lunchtime can be good.

:hug:

6. sallysausage

sallysausage Mum of 1 + trying again

Me too chucks, it's the hormones apparently. I had 3 really bad headaches last week and kept waking up in the morn with the same headache if that makes sense! I even came home from work a few weeks ago which i've never done but it was that bad.

Don;t know how these poor people who get migraines get thru life.

I read somewhere that pregnancy headaches are supposed to go around 20 weeks which is good as i'm only a week away.

Hope yours ease soon!:hug:

7. dom85

20 weeks!

I might just have to grin and bear it, I'm off to have a walk around and see if that helps.

8. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

You know, a lot of headaches can come from the neck. (also if you're slightly dehydrated, the body needs a lot more water during pregnancy, which is a pain in the arse, cause drinking is the last thing you wanna do when you're on the loo every 2.3 seconds anyways!)

I suffered from *wicked* migraines for 17 years and was convinced I was gonna be buggered with them in this pregnancy. I'd get at least 2 a month, but I started to see a Chiropractor in October and I've had 1. And that was only because I went 4 weeks with out getting adjusted. I love it when she pops my neck haha.

I hate hate hate taking pills, and before a cold compress on the back of my neck would really help my headaches.

Hope you all feel better :hug:

9. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

That could also be dehydration.. if you think about it, you can go 7 or 8 hours at night with out fluid, longer than any period in the day. I tried a period of not drinking after 6pm because I got totally pissed off with getting up for the loo 4 times a night, but wasn't worth it cause I'd wake up with a cracking headache.

I'll take childbirth over a headache, toothache or earache any day haha.

10. nicnbump

nicnbump mummy of 2 plus bump

ooohh i know how u feel its horrible aint it! ggrrr the things we go thru hey...

11. dom85

I feel a bit better now, the walk at lunch did some good I think, and I sit near a big window and finally found the key, so it's open which has been lovely as the sun is out today :)

It will prob be back tomorrow, but at least I know I'm not the only one. I thought I was supposed to be in the nice, glowy stage now anyway?