Headaches!

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Headaches!!!!

I've had a headache right across the front of my forehead for over 12 hours now....

What remedies have you found to work? I've tried 4head, tying a tight scarf around, all the things that would normally work just haven't and I don't want to take any medication.

Nothing!! Lol. Hate to break it to you, but since about 8 weeks I've been having bad headaches for around 3 days at a time. I haven't found anything yet to get rid of it except waiting it out. I have one right now, and I've had it since yesterday. And yours sounds like it's in the same spot as mine. It's awful :(

i know you dont want to take anything, but my doctor okayed tylenol. Just in case you give in.

I have had an insane headache for about 4 days now. So far, nothing has helped. Even Tylenol was a failure. Let me know if you find a cure I would love to hear it :)

Aww sorry but I'm with the others who say you just have to wait it out :( they last for days and the pounding of the headache is just so painful!
There's nothing we can do, it is due to increased blood flow (you now have 60% more blood than you did before! which now causes the headaches).
At least you know you're not alone!

If it makes you feel better, my headache is MUCH lighter today! So there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Wow such a common thing!!!! Sleep seemed to help it, but it's been lingering around today.... I tried to drink alot more water and rest as tiredness definitely doesn't help.

Have you tried tying a scarf tight around your forehead like rambo style? That used to help my headaches before!

This is my 3rd day now, and by far my worst day. It is so so bad. I had to call in sick to work, which is the first time I've had to so far during this pregnancy.

This is my 3rd day now, and by far my worst day. It is so so bad. I had to call in sick to work, which is the first time I've had to so far during this pregnancy.

Wow... I am sorry your feeling so crappy. What remedies have you tried?

Aw I'm sorry Buffy! Hopefully it gets better, seems like they tend to last from 3-4 days..so hopefully that means its almost over! I have really only tried tylenol and naps, so maybe ill have to try the scarf thing!! Does anyone know if this is purely a first tri thing or if we will be dealing with this the whole pregnancy?

First tri I hope!!! Some get them throughout.. others just early on. Let's hope we are amongst the lucky ones!

Are you all drinking enough water and getting enough seep?

Ugh! I get a terrible, vice-grip-on-my-head headache every single day from 3 pm to bedtime. My mom said she had them up to about 14 weeks and she used Bengay on her head. I have Tiger Balm and tried that and it really did ease the headache a bit. It's strong menthol, so you have to be careful about how close you put it to your eyes.

My doctor ok'd Tylenol but I'd literally be taking it every single day for months, so I opted for the Tiger Balm instead. I'll try increasing my water and maybe a little nap too, thanks ladies!!

I've come to commiserate lol

I've had little headaches here and there but they always went away with some water/tylenol/rest or a cool compress. This one that's crept up since yesterday is killer. I've tried tylenol, darkness, compresses, caffeine, water, all of it. I think I'm just going to have to wait it out...uhg.

I'm 12+5 and my headaches didn't start until the past couple weeks. I actually heard headaches are a common symptom as you enter 2nd tri, can't remember why. I'm sure all those hormones.

Sometimes its really bad and other times its just annoying, but always across my forehead. I'm also really trying to avoid meds so if I am able, I usually just lay down with a cold compress (ice pack, wet washcloth, bag of frozen peas, etc) and alternate between placing it on my forehead and the back of my neck. It does help usually, at least a little. And since I'm pretty much off caffeine, I might have a small glass of coke since caffeine sometimes helps my headaches, but I don't always have that around.

I have one now and really wishing it would go away. They are really no fun at work!

Had to post an update here because I found a cure!!

I talked to my doctor about the extreme headaches and mentioned that even extra strength tylenol wouldn't work. She suggested i take the extra strength tylenol and drink some pop with it.

So I had another bad headache on saturday and I tried the tylenol with a can of Coke and boom! headache gone!!! I'm so happy!

I'm typically prone to headaches but I've had very few in the last fortnight. Had one for about three hours now, probably the result of listening to my kids bicker since 6.05 am when I've only had 6.5 hours sleep. Have just been to the shops for tablets. Don't know anything else that helps.

I had a headache this morning luckily went on its own after few hours,
I have read that putting your feet in hot water suppose to help never tried it myself but maybe worth a try ??

Thanks for the tips ladies!! I'm trying to keep in natural methods to help ease them but they are actually debilitating to the point where I did have to take some tablets. Luckily just paracetamol worked for me as I don't usually take anything. It's interesting that drinking with pop was advised and worked! :D

I too have the worst headache ever today! Ive taken paracetamol but its not helping! Got to take my daughter to a childrens party in a bit and its my partners birthday so have a big meal to cook later too! My son is teething tooand being super clingy! Dont know how I am going to get through today! Any other natural suggestions? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->