Headaches?

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never really suffered from headaches pre pregnancy. Last night and today ive had a throbbing headache I couldn't sleep, in fact the past three nights I haven't been able to sleep which is weird as I have not had any trouble before. I haven't had any parecetamal just keep trying to drink water with out being ill. I thought my nausea had settled a little the past few day but seems to have increased again yesterday and today. I have also had some little aches and pains not sure if these are stretching pains. Could these be due to the placenta taking over do you think or is this just another fab preg symptom. :shrug: x

I usually do get headaches. Imagine my relief for NOT getting headaches during this pregnancy! Well... until I hit 12 weeks that is. And BOOM, headache that lasted 3 days and I couldn't get rid of. Then the next week, same thing. This week, it started and I realized something. It was cyclical. The headaches were starting on the same day of the week, always in the afternoon. It corresponded with a flare up of acne I get every week. Hormonal no doubt.
So I GUZZLED water. To the point of peeing every 20-30 min. Rested when I could. DH gave me a neck massage and I was able to stave off the headache. I think it was a combination of hormone surge and dehydration. Try drinking copious amounts of water and see what happens

Yes headaches! I didn't even realize it was a pregnancy symptom until someone here pointed it out.

I got headaches of all different shapes and sizes throughout my pregnancy, but they did happen in waves. Could be because of something specific like placenta taking over, but they probably won't stop there :/ Congrats and good luck!

I don't normally get headaches, but I get them BAD first tri with all my pregnancies. Serious migraine status. I had one appointment in fetal position crying in a pitch black room. When I got them this time, I talked to my gyn about it right away because I couldn't afford to slip up at work. She gave me the usual suggestions: stay hydrated, lay down, use dim lighting, don't stand up quickly, minimize screens... blah blah. When I said that doesn't help, she suggested drinking a small cup of coffee every morning even on days when I didn't wake up with a headache. After a few days, the headaches went away. Eventually I just felt like I could stop drinking coffee, and I haven't had migraines since. With previous ones when I miserable at work/missing work, she did prescribe me medication but I never took it. Hope yours go away soon!

Thanks, thankfully it's eased today I think the lack of sleep for the past two nights didn't help and I forced myself to go to bed a bit earlier. I feel slightly better, that was a humdinger of a headache so hope it doesn't become a " weekly thing" one crazy pregnant symptom at a time please. At least stop the nausea, actually not sure which is worse..hmmm? Xx

i have the same thing now. Nausea is still there ... ugh.. thought last week that it was starting to go away but no still feel like crap. And now i woke up last night with a throbbing headache. Thought when i go back to sleep and wake up in the morning that it'll be fine but nope. Woke up with a splitting headache.
And it's not going away. Been drinking loads and tried lying down all day but it won't go away.

I think it's just that time where the headache comes around.. Had it last pregnancy and i think it was around this time.

Was hoping this time i wouldn't have it. Like you said can't it be one symptom at a time. It just keeps getting worse and worse. lol

hope you feel better. ^^

I feel for you it was so painful. My eased after two days. I pray i dont get anymore. Big hugs hope it passes soon for you x

Omg headaches...
I had one so bad last night that I spent a good hour in the bathroom sick. I bought a salt lamp to help them. I get about 1 a week now but they're always awful. It's definitely hormonal! Just try to drink lots of water and cold compresses when needed :)

Oh wow, just googled salt lamps never heard of them before. How calming do they look! Yes I just led in a very dark room. Now I'm managing too keep more water down im hoping I won't get quite as dehydrated. Fingers crossed. X

Oh headache came back yesterday again. It was so painful. Laid in bed with a cold press to my head and eyes. My dh was rubbing my belly cause I was so sick from it. Woke up this morning with still a little bit of pain. Hoping it goes with the coffee I'm drinking. I just don't want to take painkillers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"