Headaches

SamGames23

Mommy of a beautiful girl
Reaction score
So I've always had headaches, or at least since entering my teenage years. So they are nothing new. But it seems that since becoming pregnant they've gotten worse.

I can go a couple of days with them, so I take some tylenol to at least dul the pain, I don't wanna worry because well like I said I've always had headaches/migrains. And after about 2 or 3 days they just go away.

Is anybody else dealing with this, should I give my doctor a call or just keep up with the tylenol.

So any suggestions. I'll probably ask them anyways, but just thought I'd get yalls input.

Thanks

Being in England I am not sure what Tyneol is? I assume it's the same
as paracetomal.

I have always suffered from headaches and get migraines every couple of months, so bad that I end up calling in sick at least one day, sometimes 2.

I have spoken to my midwife who advised just taking paracetomal every 4 hours when they kick in along with 4Head which is a methol-type stick which you rub over your forehead; not sure if you have something similar?

The only other thing is to drink plenty of fluids. I have found carrying a bottle of water around and sipping from it regularly helps me to monitor whether I drink enough (I think they say about 2-3 litres a day?). Sure I am peeing a lot but it seems to be working!

Being in England I am not sure what Tyneol is? I assume it's the same
as paracetomal.

I have always suffered from headaches and get migraines every couple of months, so bad that I end up calling in sick at least one day, sometimes 2.

I have spoken to my midwife who advised just taking paracetomal every 4 hours when they kick in along with 4Head which is a methol-type stick which you rub over your forehead; not sure if you have something similar?

The only other thing is to drink plenty of fluids. I have found carrying a bottle of water around and sipping from it regularly helps me to monitor whether I drink enough (I think they say about 2-3 litres a day?). Sure I am peeing a lot but it seems to be working!

I had some wicked headaches early on in my preg all I was able to do was take paracetamol I thought my head was going to expload I was told by the nurse to expect it and there was nothing that could be done about it

Yeah I have had days I want to rip my head off. It's definately worse in pregnancy but they seem to have settled for now and as I haven't had any sickness I really can't complain too much!

Thanks, yeah i think the meds are about the same. So I'll just give the doctor a call monday, and see if what I'm doing is okay. I feel better now, but it took like 2 days to get rid of and i still feel it just hanging there.

i've been having headaches too since early on. i never really got them before becoming pregnant, only occasionally. i talked to my doctor and he wasn't too concerned. my mom had really bad headaches during her pregnancies as well and everything turned out fine for her so i haven't been worrying about it. i've been taking tylenol when i need to but only take it when i can't bare it anymore. other than that i just try to put up with it. i find that sometimes taking a short walk outside helps to make it feel a little better, even though it's freezing cold now, the fresh air seems to help. drinking lots of water does help too for me.

Up until 2 or so years ago I used to have headaches around 5 days a week and I never felt right taking so much painkiller then. I changed my diet/ started getting a lot more fluids and haven't had them for around 2 years (well, a few times a month) but have been having headaches again in pregnancy. I don't have any paracetamol/tylenol/acetominophen in the house so have been managing with my old non-painkiller remedies of a vibrating massager applied directly to my temples and neck. I also used to use Tiger Balm (kind of a menthol muscle rub) on my temples and neck as well but no idea if that is safe during pregnancy.

I suffer with headaches pregnant or not. Only thing i can do half the time is take paracetamol and shut out the light as best i can, but i cant do that till the kids go to bed lol. Its worth having a chat to the dr, they told me on my last pregnancy that they could change my meds if it didnt get any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->