Headaches

victorial8

Mummy to Freya
Reaction score
hi ladies

I have had a headache now for about 48 hours. I took paracetamol last night as it wasn’t shifting and ended up having to take more early this morning as it was agony. I’ve woken up nearly 4 hours later and it’s still there a little bit so I’m just staying lay down in a dark room for a bit.
Any advice on what I can do? Only 14 weeks so don’t think it’s a sign of anything bad, i just don’t know what I can and can’t do whilst being pregnant ☹️

Hi, how are you feeling, has your headache eased off at all? Did lying in the dark help? Do you normally suffer from headaches or migraines? I remember a pharmacist suggesting I hold my hair tightly where my head hurts and then release it to ease tension in the scalp. Have you tried and ice pack or the opposite, a warm pack?
I would suggest that if it's not eased off you give you gp a wee call and check in with them. It's very unlikely to be anything but its always worth getting a 'different' headache checked out if it doesn't clear up, pregnant or not.

Hi I’ve had awful headaches these past couple of weeks too. I’ve found kids ‘Kool ‘n’ Soothe’ gel on my head really helps. Its difficult when only able to have paracetamol. Hope it eases for you soon! X

Thank you for your replies. Headaches aren’t something I seemed to get before I was pregnant but had them a few times now. This was the longest lasting.

Thankfully I got the chance to lie in bed in the dark most the afternoon and it helped and when I woke up this morning it was gone.

I think I may try and get some of that kool n soothe for if it happens again.

Pleased to hear it's gone now. My niece loves the headaches stick - sounds the same as the one described.
Hope they ease off during the rest of your pregnancy.

Glad to hear your headache has gone! I have been getting headaches this week, I have been trying to drink more water because I think that could be what’s contributing to my headaches #-o

Thanks ladies.
YEs BELLA, I wondered if not drinking enough was the cause of mine too. Thankfully drinking anything has stopped making me feel sick so I’m managing to get plenty fluids down now.
I spoke to midwife this morning and she said it’s totally normal at this stage and is usually hormonal. Just to take paracetamol, lie down in a dark room with a cold compress on my head and that’s about it. If it persists I’m to call the GP.

Glad that the midwife has reassured you that it's nothing to worry about :)

My headache came back on Sunday with a vengeance. Nothing seems to be shifting it, I think I'll give my GP a call if it's no better tomorrow

Hi Victoria!
I just posted this on another pain relief thread but it totally applies here too. So My Dh is an evidence-based chiropractor. When I get tension headaches, Sometimes he adjusts me and it really helps, almost like it melts away . As long as your blood pressure isn’t high or the dr doesn’t find any other contraindications, it has helped me loads! Same with back pain, and pubis dysfunction.
Here is a link to trustworthy and evidence based Chiros around the world. If you can’t find one near you, I’m in the FTCA group and can ask them if one is nearby you that is not listed on the map.
FTCA | Member Map
Good luck!!!

When I was around that time I started getting really bad migraines as well. I think it’s just a hormonal thing. What works the best for me is to put my hands and feet in HOT water with a ice pack on the back of my neck. Gets the blood flowing out of your head & into your extremities. I know it’s tough, but after about 2 weeks I haven’t had one since so there is hope! Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->