Heads engaged Yipee!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Chick, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Chick

Chick Well-Known Member

Went to see my consultant y'day and the babys head is down and engaged, all looks good. :thumbup:

Does this mean tho it could come at any time.

Ive been getting a little bit of lower back pain and cramp period type pain on on off the last couple days.

Hope everyones well.

2. vicky84

vicky84 Mummy to 2 girls!

Ive been the same - and shes head down - im only 31 +4 so hopin she stays another 2 week at the very least

3. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

congrats im not sure what it means but its good that babies in right possition :) xx

4. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Congrats! Not sure about your LO coming anytime soon though, i've heard they can un-engage themselves or be engaged for quite a while before they decide to come out and show their little faces - sorry :hugs:

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Well done to your LO! Did the consultant say how engaged the baby is?

As above, they can stay like that for ages though :)

6. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Yeah, my LO's engaged too but MW didn't say anything about being early, just that he's waaaay down there now lol. He's also developed a surge of energy because he's not flipping stopped wriggling for a couple of days now. MW told me his head is far down and his spine is on my left, bum at the top and limbs on my right side but I could swear i have a little squid i there because it feels like his kicks are coming from all directions :haha: xx

7. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Good stuff!

I will be 36wks on friday and our little one has still got her head way up near mummys heart - think she likes the sound of my heart beating. I still get loads of movement but just from breech to transverse and back again!

Been doing lots of exercise to try get her moving but nothing seems to be working!
    :flower:

8. Chick

Chick Well-Known Member

thanks everyone! Its getting quite exciting now, Ive made a deal with LO if they want to come early they have till Monday but after that they have to stay there till their due date 10 January - no good coming in the middle of xmas dinner! So we've made a little deal, hee hee.

I just watched that flippin amanda holden show - oooowww! If you havent watched it dont be tempted its not nice. I fast forwarded through the nasty bits, I dont want to see what will be going on down in the lady garden I wont be looking on the day unless I learn some strange kind of new yoga movement hee hee!

Good luck ladies hope everyone has excellent easy deliveries and all our babys pop out like shelling a pea's!!