Heads Up! Tesco Self Serve!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by MrsBop, Dec 11, 2009.

1. MrsBop

MrsBop Mummy of 2

Went to Tesco earlier to get literally some chocolate :blush: and a sandwich for dinner, hubby wanted some change for his dinner so I put the chocolate on my card :haha: and paid cash for my sandwich. Anyway I was due back £3.82 change or something like that, it spat out £3.44 instead, I know its not a lot of money to loose but at this time of year every little helps :)haha:) Just wanted to tell people to double check, apparently this is the 1st time its happened but :shrug: I haven't ever checked before, just scooped and popped in my purse.

2. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I had a problem once aswell...i paid for a drink with a twenty as i needed change...i was due 19.01 change and i got 14.01.

Apparently, the machine must have got confused between a 5er and a 10er...or the machine got loaded up wrong!!

3. kit603

kit603 Pregnant with #2

I work for Tesco (not on self-serve bit though) and i'd say its more likely human error than anything else (i.e. person who puts the money in the machine put a 5er where the 10ers should go) as they're actually very very accurate.

Saying that though... I always check my change very carefully because you never know when things might go wrong :(

Did you report the problem OP?

4. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I NEVER check my change, but yeah I would expect the machine to give the right amount anyway.

Everytime I use the self service I vow never to do it again, I'm one of those people that always gets the "please wait for assisstance" for no reason at all!!!

I did have a good experience in asda where the scales weren't working and I got all my fruit and veg for free hehe....of course I didn't notice until I got home (ssshhhh) :haha:

5. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

Im terrible when I pay cash, as I will be counting the change as they take it out the door then when I walk to the exit. lol