healing time for stitches?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
I cant remember what the midwife said but ive got a small (2 stitch) second degree tare. How long do stitches take to heal? Also how long after birth did U totally stop bleeding? Can't remember what happened with my son, but ive not totally stopped bleeding 2 1/2 wks after having my daughter. Its not heavy, just big spots. Hate wearing pads in this heat!

I had 3rd/4th degree tearing and wound was still open at 6 weeks check. I was also still bleeding at 6 weeks.
I know different degree but didn't want to read and run. Hope not much longer for you :hugs:

My stitches felt better in a couple of weeks but by about 4 I was brave enough to feel down there. We didn't DTD until 8 weeks but at 6 my Dr had a good poke around and it was all fine.

I also had a 2nd degree but they were stitching me up for well over an hour so I think it was pretty severe.

I bled until about 7 weeks.

I didn't stop bleeding until 4 weeks and then and even now at almost 6 weeks I'm still spotting here and there and having brown discharge. I never had any issues with my stitches and I never looked or felt down there to see how they've healed but around 3-4 weeks I wasn't afraid to wipe with toilet paper instead of wet wipes and around 3 weeks they itches sooo bad so I'm guessing that was towards the end of the healing.....not sure though.

Oh god last week they started itching so bad I was shuffling around each time I sat down lol its been 20 days now an im ok wiping down there. Still spotting. When I do wipe it triggers the itchyness though lol can't win

Yeah the itching woke me out of dead sleep sometimes, I felt like my crotch was rotting away but it only lasted a little over a week for me. I've never been afraid of my own bits before until I gave birth and I'm still afraid to look down there I don't want to see anything scary looking..

I had a third degree tear and my stitches were still there at my 4 week checkup. Have you tried thinner pads? I had to switch because they were bugging me in the heat too!

I try large panty liners an wear 2 of them but I don't feel protected with them. I wear Boots own brand sanitary towels as they R really thin. But I think the blue stuff on them might make things even itchyer an uncomfortable down there at times!

The ultra thin maternity pads are great once you don't need the big puffy ones any more.

I tried Boots and Tescos and both are good.

They're basically sanitary towels but softer and have no fancy things about them that could irritate (scent, strange fabrics etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->