Health Spa treatments?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by NikiJJones, Apr 18, 2009.

1. NikiJJones

NikiJJones Mummy to a magical boy

My Uni friends want to treat me to a day out at a health spa with them early June, which sounds lovely. I'll be 35 weeks by then. Does anyone know off hand if there are any health spa things I need to avoid at that stage? I know saunas are a no go. I'm going to ask midwife when I next see her, but thought some of you ladies on here might know stuff too.

2. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

you should be ok with a manicure and pedicure, but you would need to check with the health spa if they do special treatments aimed specifically at pregnant ladies as some do!!

3. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

Ooh! A pregancy massage sounds wonderful right about now!

4. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Yep lots of spas offer a 'mother to be' package, youll just need to ring round and ask and get whatever you fancy the sounds of! :D

5. cheeselover

cheeselover Guest

If they don't do a pregnancy massage - go the head and shoulders massage - I always fall asleep!

6. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

omg i cud defo have one of these !!! :D be lovely nikki !

7. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I had a pedicure at 37 weeks which was very nice. Most treatments should be ok.

8. adzuki

adzuki Mom to Miss M.

Beware pedicures! I had one when I just got pregnant (and didn't know yet), and I guess they didn't clean one of the tools well enough - well my whole foot got infected and I needed to go on antibiotics. My doctor told me that if you get a pedicure when pregnant, you are to forego the cuticle clipping and anything else that could break the skin (razoring calluses, etc)

I guess the same is for manicures?!

Enjoy some pampering!

:)
    A