Health Spa treatments?

NikiJJones

Mummy to a magical boy
Reaction score
My Uni friends want to treat me to a day out at a health spa with them early June, which sounds lovely. I'll be 35 weeks by then. Does anyone know off hand if there are any health spa things I need to avoid at that stage? I know saunas are a no go. I'm going to ask midwife when I next see her, but thought some of you ladies on here might know stuff too.

you should be ok with a manicure and pedicure, but you would need to check with the health spa if they do special treatments aimed specifically at pregnant ladies as some do!!

Ooh! A pregancy massage sounds wonderful right about now!

Yep lots of spas offer a 'mother to be' package, youll just need to ring round and ask and get whatever you fancy the sounds of! :D

If they don't do a pregnancy massage - go the head and shoulders massage - I always fall asleep!

omg i cud defo have one of these !!! :D be lovely nikki !

I had a pedicure at 37 weeks which was very nice. Most treatments should be ok.

Beware pedicures! I had one when I just got pregnant (and didn't know yet), and I guess they didn't clean one of the tools well enough - well my whole foot got infected and I needed to go on antibiotics. My doctor told me that if you get a pedicure when pregnant, you are to forego the cuticle clipping and anything else that could break the skin (razoring calluses, etc)

I guess the same is for manicures?!

Enjoy some pampering!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583