Health visitor

marley2580

Reaction score
How often should you see one? I had a visit by one (who was covering for my one who was on holiday) last thursday but thats it. I'm quite surprised as I was told that I'm quite a high risk of post-natal depression due to the birth not going to plan, so I thought they'd be keeping a close eye on me. Kaya hasn't been weighed since last monday, that's almost two weeks.

mine came once and my gp confirmed she only will call once.

after her visit, I have the possibility to visit the baby clinic once a week.

but, I don't know what will happen in your case, as you said you cannot go out for another two weeks, as far as I remember!

give them a call, or did your HV not leave a number?

Mine came yesterday. She told us she wouldnt come again until Oliver was 10weeks old. In the meantime if i have any concerns i can call her and she will come if needs be. As for weighing, you should have a local clinic/family centre where they hold sessions for you to come and weigh your baby each week if you wish. Has she not mentioned this to you? x

Unfortunatley the HV nowadays do not come out very often at all.......they expect to hear from you if there are any concerns or problems. My HV is telling us this every time we see her (we get Alfie weighed regularly at the clinic) so much so that she makes me wonder if I am over-looking something at times :lol:

I was shocked when my HV came out a couple of weeks ago...(which she only did as Alfie was due his 8 month check & I was not well enough to take him to clinic) and during this she told me we would not be seeing her any more, they don't even do the ears and eye tests any more, it is up to us to contact them if we have concerns!

I was told that my HV would contact me on tuesday though and that she would come out and weigh Kaya as I'm not able to drive yet. The HV I saw wasn't my HV, so I haven't met my one yet. I can't say as I'm that bothered, I don't find any of the stuff they talk about very interesting and I know that Kaya is growing.

Seen ours last week - she was a temp though and again this Tuesday I think after that its drop in clinic but theres a 24 hr number. Personally found all the call outs abit of a interuption (MW) so Im happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->