Health visitor

XKatX

Reaction score
I have just had my visit from the health visitor that will be assigned to me after the birth.
It was lovely to meet her and for her to explain everything that will happen in the first few days/weeks after LO is born.

I was given babies little red book - the one that has babies measurements, weights etc documented in. Loads of info about breastfeeding, immunisations, drop in groups and screening tests. She explained when we have to register the birth and why. I also got a really good book called "Birth to Five". It gives tonnes of advice and is a few hundred pages long - so now I know what I'll be doing in the lst fe days of pregnancy!!

From what I've heard, this isn't normal to meet them so early. If they call you and ask if you would like to, then I say definately make the time if you can.

cool! Glad to hear she is a nice one :)

kat thats excellent, i've never heard of meeting them so early. ours come round, without phoning when maddi was a couple of weeks old and tbh isn't the nicest person and made me feel quite horrible. so glad your's in good, so pleased for you, your so very close :hugs:

I met mine too, Although she wasnt very helpfull and didnt give me any info like you got :| Only thing she did was give me the nearest doctors surgery address to get myself registered here because since i moved here a year ago i didnt bother to change doctors. I was a little disapointed because i read that Ema saw hers before baby was born and she got lots of info too. Mine seemed very rushed and like she didnt want to bother with me!!

Where i live you dont usually get to see them before but my midwife was worried i am more likely to get depressed before or after babies birth so thought it would be a good idea for health visitor to see me.

I met mine too, Although she wasnt very helpfull and didnt give me any info like you got :| Only thing she did was give me the nearest doctors surgery address to get myself registered here because since i moved here a year ago i didnt bother to change doctors. I was a little disapointed because i read that Ema saw hers before baby was born and she got lots of info too. Mine seemed very rushed and like she didnt want to bother with me!!

Where i live you dont usually get to see them before but my midwife was worried i am more likely to get depressed before or after babies birth so thought it would be a good idea for health visitor to see me.

Well, thats not a good start for you both! Hope she's a bit more useful after bubs is born.

Yeah hopefully she will be. You sound like you gotta nice one there!! :)

Glad it all went well. I didnt meet my HV with my daughter until after she was born. Although she is lovely too, i can talk to her about anything. And of course il be having the same one this time too :D

Glad it went well. I was so glad i met mine before giving birth it made it easier when she came round. As i felt like it was someone i knew handly me baby(if that makes sense) XxxX

Glad it went well. I was so glad i met mine before giving birth it made it easier when she came round. As i felt like it was someone i knew handly me baby(if that makes sense) XxxX

Yes, it makes sense. Thats how I felt about it too. It's going to be stessful enough, without strangers poking around my baby while I'm so hormonal!!!

It's lovely you get to meet yours before hand! I know my HV but only cos of having Faith x

i had one come round a couple of weeks ago. it was just like my booking apt and she seemed very interested in what qualifications i had and if oh cheked his balls regularly!

Gawd i hope nobody comes out to see me :shock: i'd be going "welcome to my humble caravan" :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->