Healthy diet, possible weighhtloss?

bubba03

Reaction score
I began a diet and using Jillian Michaels 30 day shred a while ago, lost 16lbs and found out I was pg. Since then I can't keep any food down but I am gaining the weight back again. I am classed as obese according to the midwife today so I would like to get the weight down or to at least stay the same throughout the pregnancy. I haven't done the shred since finding out about the pg as I have no idea if it is safe or not to continue.

How do I do this without harming the baby? I am filling myself with supplements every day to ensure the baby gets some nutrients as every thing I eat seems to come straight back up.

I have IBS so can't eat bread, red meat, fatty food or dairy. All the Dr did was hand me a piece of paper with foods to avoid. No help what so ever.

Thanks

Didnt want to r+r but im also classed as being obese, got some phone call from some nhs health professional the other day but havnt got round to calling her back as i didnt like her mannor in which the message was left, I notice that my bmi and my weight keep getting thrown into the equation, im 10st4 and am like just nearly 5foot lol im going to try and get an earlier app with the midwife and get her permision to join slimming world again, dont wana loose loads and loads just want to try and maintain or loose a little bit, might get eveyone off my back coz its getting me down :( srry for the rant on your post but hope u get things sorted soon. xxxx

10st4? Seriously that's mad. I don't like the way people talk to me. "Just eat less and exercise more" I walk 4 miles a day with school and nursery and that's without popping to the shops for anything we need.

I need to try fight this to get my home birth. My daughter arrived in 3 hours and my son in 2. If this baby follows suit I am refusing to get into the car as the hospital is 30 minutes drive if you don't get caught in rush hour traffic. I thought regardless of my weight it would be safer to be prepared to deliver at home, medics seem to think the risk of delivering at the side of the road en route to hospital is better odds. Both previous pregnancies were complication free.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you manage to get yourself to where you would like to be.

I gained about 20 pounds over the winter from wine and eating bad...then got pregnant in March and since then gained 13 more...So I am up 33 pounds from my fit self. I am worried and talked to my doctor, she said 20-30 pounds in pregnancy is best. She said there is nothing wrong with losing a bit of weight in the 2nd trimester by eating clean and healthy, and being active. She told me to try to maintain my current weight for the next 2 months....so thats my goal.

Dont starve yourself just eat smaller portions, eat healthy clean food (your baby will take what it needs), and keep active!

By the way, I LOVE JILLIAN MICHAELS! She rocks! I have her "master your metabolism" book and 'making the cut', plus a few of her workout videos. I just love mixing cardio with weights in smaller bursts like she does, it works! GOOD LUCK!

Unless you have a specific problem to be concerned about (subchorionic bleed, etc...), your shred videos and any other exercise you want to do is safe. I've been really concerned about this as I was really on a roll before I got pg, but also had 2 miscarriages prior, so I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing anything unsafe. Doc said basically, it's all fine... just stop if it hurts and stop if you feel faint.
Still, I wanted more info, so I started blogging to keep track of research-- feel free to check it out and read.. I have slacked on blogging these last few weeks because I have felt so ridiculously barfy but I definitely will continue to blog about this very topic, as it's a big concern for me.
Also, google "Cassandra Forsythe" and view her 'old blog'...it's got GOOD stuff about pregnancy and fitness. Here's the link to the blog I've started: https://preggopower.blogspot.com/

One last thing: please don't let people get to you if they come onto this thread and attack you for wanting to think about losing a little weight in the beginning. (I can say this now before anyone actually has, and that way I can't offend anyone specifically).. I think it's so silly that women attack other pregnant women for even *thinking* about weight loss in early pregnancy, when SO MANY women lose weight accidentally in early pregnancy anyways, and are just fine. I've never known someone to miscarry or have a deformed baby because they dropped 10-15 lbs from a frame that actually had some weight to lose.
You are concerned about your health, and the health of your pregnancy, and that's totally understandable. For some women, that means start gaining right away. For women at a totally healthy weight, that means maintain at first, then gain. For other women who have more excess weight, that may mean lose a little, then maintain, then gain in the later parts of pregnancy.

Seriously, don't stress. As long as you are eating well-rounded and healthy, as long as you are not purposely going hungry, and as long as you aren't working your body to the point that you're overtaxing it, then you are absolutely fine.

**Of course, unless doc stops you at any time for some reason.

...and yes, Jillian is FABULOUS. Have you listened to her podcast? Her old ones are on iTunes under "Jillian Michaels Fancast" (although the later ones aren't actually her, they're the creepy fan and he's annoying. Just download the ones that are usually about 1 hr 15 mins...
Her new ones are on iTunes under "The Jillian Michaels Show"

I LOVE her podcasts! She has such good information.

Thank you ladies. As soon as I can keep food down I shall get back onto the shred. I dont want to exercise too much when the morning sickness appears to be limiting the food my body is absorbing and increasing the possibility of fainting or dizziness.

I shall also stick to the healthy diet (besides ginger nut biscuits as they help a little with sickness but cause almighty heartburn, it's like catch 22) continue to do what I can exercise wise and hope I don't gain too much.

I prob sound really nasty but I've pretty much told my dr and widwife I want no advice or moaning because sometimes I feel it is done to put people down when I was pg with my son I was 5'3 and a size 10 think I was about 8/9 stone yet the whole pg they called me fat said I was overweight I lost 2 stone while pg because of the stress they put me under as well as having constant morning sickness my son was induced early because of a kidney infection to me missed because they were so busy calling me fat and he was born blue because they ignored I was in labour all night. This time I am bigger and already it has started without even weighing me the midwife just made a total guess no where near my weight but wrote it down and ignored what I said I know people will moan and so will they saying I'm putting my baby at risk but I don't believe it I knew a woman or 20+ stone have a super easy happy healthy pg and labour I don't drink smoke take drugs and every meal I eat is homecooked sorry to rant but weight/weight loss/gain is a subject close to my heart :p xx

I prob sound really nasty but I've pretty much told my dr and widwife I want no advice or moaning because sometimes I feel it is done to put people down when I was pg with my son I was 5'3 and a size 10 think I was about 8/9 stone yet the whole pg they called me fat said I was overweight I lost 2 stone while pg because of the stress they put me under as well as having constant morning sickness my son was induced early because of a kidney infection to me missed because they were so busy calling me fat and he was born blue because they ignored I was in labour all night. This time I am bigger and already it has started without even weighing me the midwife just made a total guess no where near my weight but wrote it down and ignored what I said I know people will moan and so will they saying I'm putting my baby at risk but I don't believe it I knew a woman or 20+ stone have a super easy happy healthy pg and labour I don't drink smoke take drugs and every meal I eat is homecooked sorry to rant but weight/weight loss/gain is a subject close to my heart :p xx

That is just absolutely awful! 5'3 and 8/9 stone isn't anywhere near overweight! Or I hope it's not because I think those are my measurements! I will be very upset if anybody starts on me, it's not like mothers-to-be aren't stressed enough as it is, what was the merit in having a go at you? Poor you :hugs: Don't let them get to you!

I would definitely say avoid 30 day shred...

I am also classed as obese, according to my BMI. I didn't want to R & R and am interested in what other people have to say about it. Yeah I've been told that the aim is to gain no more than 20-30lb in total, and so far I've not gained anything but am only 7 weeks!

It's a real struggle, and you hear the sickening stories of the super fit women who only gain like 10lb and 6lb of that is the baby! Good luck!

So I'm a little concerned-- you said you aren't really keeping any food down, but you are still gaining weight? Since you are also not eating red meat, bread or dairy I can't imagine you are eating a bunch of junk. Either you are just gaining weight from bloating, or your metabolism is really slowed down.

You might consider:
1. Having your doctor check to make sure your thyroid is working properly and
2. Consulting a nutritionist-- doctors know almost nothing about nutrition-- it simply isn't party of their training. A good nutritionist/dietitian should be able to help you figure out how to eat without upsetting your IBS.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->