Healthy, eat-at-work snack ideas???

• Thread starter jerseyshoregirl
  • Start date
J

jerseyshoregirl

Hi ladies!

Now that I seem to be hungry all of the time, I have come to realize I really do need to find a healthy, eat-at-work snack. The dum-dum lollipops aren't making the cut. Any ideas? I am looking for something that won't go bad quickly and I can make/buy in bulk.

Thanks!!
JM

How about raisins or ryvita? Home-made cereal bars?

Yay! Im not the only one who feels hungry all the time!
Hmm might not sound too appealing but at the moment I love eating anything thats crunchy!
You could try carrott sticks, cucumber, or cherry tomatos?
Maybe even a fruit salad, Apples, oranges, bananas!
All very healthy and quite tasty too:D!
If its not for you then try crackers, or grab a bag of raisins
X

have you tried those eat natural bars they are lovely and full of healthy nuts and fruit.

yummy

I'm exactly the same, unfortunately i'm off fruit and veg and have got the biggest sweet tooth!!! So i'm enjoying starburst and chewits currently lol, i can get thru a pack of starburst in less than 5 mins now!! lol :)

try celery sticks and other veg with yummy humous or other dips. i'm also taking in extra sandwiches and soup to work.

According to this list, hummus should not be eaten. It's a Government website from the New Zealand government for pregnant women.

https://www.nzfsa.govt.nz/consumers/low-immunity-child-pregnancy/pregnancy-food-safety/#P187_23853

I ended up purchasing Vitamin water, whole wheat Thomas' english muffins, Stacy's Pita Chips and Royal Dansk danish butter cookies.

Looks like I'll have to go to the actual grocery store to get healthy foods...and I will probably be better off doing that AFTER I have eaten a meal and am not hungry!

I'm hungry all the time as well and only 4 weeks. :rofl: At work I snack on Nutra-Grain bars, fruit & wheat thins. But... still wondering what else I can have for lunch? I used to eat a lot of deli sandwiches and now I can't. hmmmm Can we eat pizza because of the "soft" cheese issue?

how about rice crackers? dried fruit? kettle crips although are fattening have all natural stuff in them also u could check out this site it tells u the worse and best snacks

https://www.snackcheck.co.uk/

does the soft cheese include dairylea?

I used to eat baby carrots non stop while being PG lol and now I wont even touch them ..

I'm a big fan of granola bars an trail mixes, and have been eating clementine oranges, apples and grapes for snacks. Occasionally I get a bit bad and eat some chocolate or a small cupcake :blush: but I'm trying!

Triscuit crackers are good to snack on I find, plus they are a good source of fiber also.

I'm hungry all the time as well and only 4 weeks. :rofl: At work I snack on Nutra-Grain bars, fruit & wheat thins. But... still wondering what else I can have for lunch? I used to eat a lot of deli sandwiches and now I can't. hmmmm Can we eat pizza because of the "soft" cheese issue?

Yep pizzas fine. The only cheese we should be avoiding is blue cheese. x

According to this list, hummus should not be eaten. It's a Government website from the New Zealand government for pregnant women.

https://www.nzfsa.govt.nz/consumers/low-immunity-child-pregnancy/pregnancy-food-safety/#P187_23853

goodness!!! never heard of that one. and here i've been snacking away happily on the stuff for the last few days!:dohh: thanks for letting me know

I've been eating mixed nuts,pumpkin and sunflower seeds dried fruit, grapes, carrot sticks, celery, dipped in hummous, bananas,plums,other chunks of fruit and lots of yoghurt and cereal really into oatflakes and oatabix at mo!

Does anyone know why hummu should not be eaten during pregnancy? I make my own with canned chick peas and garlic..........is there something harmful in the chick peas?

I bring animal crackers and Special K cereal bars (only 90 calories). They are great! especially strawberry

dairylea and philli and all processed soft cheeses are fine its only thing like brie and camamnbert and blue cheeses that you cant have, not sure about mozarella though.

I like to snack on string cheese , wheat thins and clementine oranges . Ive also been drinking carnation instant breakfast because I dont like milk plain.

Does anyone know why hummu should not be eaten during pregnancy? I make my own with canned chick peas and garlic..........is there something harmful in the chick peas?

Here's some info. I found regarding why hummus might not be safe during pregnancy:

"What I read and was told during my first pregnancy was that hummus, like unpasteurized cheese (Brie, etc.), can harbor listeriosis bacteria, which isn't a problem for your average healthy individual, but can make the elderly and those with compromised immune systems pretty sick, and can cause miscarriage during pregnancy.

If I remember correctly, it isn't common for listeriosis to be present in either hummus or soft cheese, but when there's an outbreak, it can take a little while for a recall to be made, and listeriosis is particularly problematic because keeping food in the frig or heating it through doesn't kill the bacteria."

As for a quick, healthy and yummy snack, apples & peanut butter have been my #1 choice the past few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->