Healthy Lifestyle Tips?

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
During my countdown to TTC, I am trying to improve the healthiness of my overall lifestyle, but for me that's a lot more difficult than just giving up specific foods or committing to exercising a certain amount each day. I tend to just be resistant to leisure activities that involve being active (sports, hiking, water games, etc.).

Recently I participated in a Color Run to start thinking of active and fun as potentially compatible, but I can't quite think of how to keep the momentum going.

Tips or suggestions? What do you do for fun that also gets you moving?

Martial arts classes are fun, and very social...and despite what most people think, you do NOT have to be athletic or flexible or strong to join.

I also took swing dancing for a while, which was a blast, and a good workout, too. Or jsut dancing around the house to your favorite tunes, if you don't want to take a class.

Really, anything social works for me. Maybe try a class at the local gym with some friends and make it into a fun thing?

I posted some on here yesterday and if you get more tips then please add. I think it will a lot later on. I am exercising a lot these days an plan on doing so even when I am pregnant.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/w...ncy-parenting-while-we-wait.html#post29597179

Enter yourself into another race. I'm not sure how far you run at the moment so if it's not far then maybe book in for a 5k/10k. I did my first half marathon on Sunday and it was a great motivator to get me out, running longer distances etc, even on the days that I wanted to sit on the sofa and eat biscuits.

Unfortunately no one can really motivate you other than you.

i'm trying to be healthier as well. not just to better myself (loose weight etc) but also because i have recently found out my blood pressure is on the high side. I would preferably like to control it through diet but it this sin't possible (family members suffer from high blood pressure) then i will just have to go onto medication but fingers crossed by changing to a healthier lifestyle then i can get it to go down.

Yoga is good and its more relaxing than most exercises but have a brilliant effect on the body.

I just go to the gym but I find that fun coz I like doing the weights and trying different equipment in the gym when I get bored of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"