Healthy Snacks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Darlin65, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Darlin65

Darlin65 Married with a Munchkin

I work at a front desk at a salon so I am able to snack all day long as long as it doesn't get too messy. I am a horrible junk food queen. What would be some healthy and tasty snacks I could pack? Thanks ladies :flower: I only like certain veggies and fruit gives me a migraine from all the sugar so I will keep the 2 in mind but would like other suggestions as well. I'm so excited to go to the grocery store tonight and get my vitamins and healthy snacks :cloud9:

2. Arisa

Arisa Mummy to Summer Rose

Have you tried those flavoured rice crackers? They look like chips but they are baked and full of fibre and pretty tasty :D
    What type of fruit can you handle?
    Since being preggers I have been craving apples and oranges and they really help ease the sickness.
    Carrot sticks are also good and easy to eat especially with some peanut butter or low fat cream cheese on them
    soup in a cup is also an easy healthy option and its piping hot too so no bacteria risk!!!
    hope I helped a bit xooxox

3. Darlin65

Darlin65 Married with a Munchkin

I love those rice cakes I eat them ALL the time already :haha: I can do like grapes or an apple, even strawberries or watermelon sometimes. I don't rly have any food aversions yet since I am just 5 weeks but if I don't eat I get super shakey, thought I was overdoing it on the caffeine at first :dohh:

4. Lillerina

Lillerina Well-Known Member

Nuts are good for protein, which will keep your blood sugar more even to prevent the shakes.