Healthy sperm tips??

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
OH is willing to take supplements etc this cycle. He's got the Wellman conception vits, which contain Maca root, what else can he do?

He's been poorly this summer which we think may have had an effect on his sperm, and he's been taking echinacea to boost his immune system but just found out that impairs fertility!:dohh:

Help please!

you may have heard this but keep hot things off his lap like lap tops and he can't be in a hot tub too long....that can damage sperm....have him wear boxers instead of briefs as briefs can do damage to sperm....also don't wear tight jeans.....eat healthy and exercise....if he's not doing so already a multivitamin like Men's One a Day....basically anything that can increase the temp in his sac can damage sperm....

Hi AngelofTroy, Angel022605 is right, but do you know how good or bad his sperm really is? Assuming you are fully fertile I would do three things:

1. get him to do a semen analysis (best 2 or even 3 to exclude statistical outliers). This is just to draw a line in the sand really. You might find his semen is good. :spermy: The aim is to get him above the WHO criteria (20m / ml count, 4%+ normal shapes and 32% progressive movement).

2. In addition I would get him to take a male fertility supp. This is a useful place to start - https://human-fertility.com/male-fertility-supplement-side-by-side-comparison-table/ Keep in mind the supps take 3 months to start working, because that is how long sperm production takes so start now.

3. Now here is the key: BMS timing around your ovulation. I am sure you know how work out your LH surge, so once you get the surge and you know you are about to ovulate have BMS once the night before ovulation (OH should abstain for 3 days for a bigger first shot), again the morning of ovulation day, a third time the evening of ovulation day and a fourth time the morning after (basically :sex: every 12 hours four times).

I got this advice from my friend, who used to donate his sperm privately and fathered 5 children this way. I did it the same way (combined with agnus castus) and got pregnant after 2 months.

Best of luck! :dust:

Here are some suggestions for you!
Folate diet works both for man and woman
semen check is definitely
Cut down the caffeine will also help!

L-Arginine, only 2nd cycle but it is an overall male wellness booster. Supposed to increase amount, quality and drive. Of course have not had the quality checked on it :blush: but the other two kicked in very quickly.

Thank you for the tips guys, I'm sure they will help someone but we actually conceived in September and I'm now 6 weeks pregnant! It just shows that it happens when you give up hope sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->